Foggy Memory..was there a Lawn Boy that had separate oil injection?

Phototone

Threads
  • / Foggy Memory..was there a Lawn Boy that had separate oil injection?
Back in the late 1990's, or very early 2000's, I seem to remember seeing at a (now gone) local LawnBoy dealer a super deluxe LawnBoy that supposed to have had direct oil injection, not needing to mix oil with the gas. It was very expensive, circa $600. Also, I thought it was too heavy for my hilly lawns, and defeated the purpose of the lightweight philosophy Lawnboy had. Am I crazy? Was there such a mower? Does anybody have pictures?

Threads
This? lawnboy m series oil line

505d16f08c6f6_254277n.jpg

(http://s.ecrater.com/stores/254277/505d16f08c6f6_254277n.jpg)

robinb66

Threads
Thats it!!! Nobody ever mentions those. Was it a dog? I know it was too heavy tor a LawnBoy.

Actually I'm pretty sure if I'm not mistaken it was a 4 stroke engine and just basiclly defeated the expectations of what people wanted for a lawnboy. I mean if your gonna buy a mower with a 4 cycle why not go for a murray or some other brand, lawnboys with 4 cycle engines are just wrong!!!! Just my opinion!!!:confused2:

Phototone

Threads
Oh, I remember distinctly the owner of the shop telling me it was a 2-cycle with oil injection. Not a 4 cycle. LawnBoy did start selling mowers with Tecumseh engines at around this time, but still offered their 2-cycle Silver series. This mower is not a Tecumseh engine.

robinb66

Threads
Your right to tel ya the truth it had to have been one of the ugliest lawnboys ever built!!

bwright1818

Threads
There was a commercial one on ebay, just a week ago. It looked just like the picture in this thread, but with red wheels. It may be relisted; I don't know. It IS butt-ugly but pretty unique.