flywheel stops when I try to start it.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Well do you like broken pieces of metal bouncing inside your engine? Here one fail so badly on a customer engine that it took out the governor/oil slinger.

2ball

Threads
here is my theory, using my limited knowledge. gas is leaking because of my needle and seat. If the gas is getting combusted, it wont leak into the oil. so when its running it wont leak into the oil. it leaks in to the oil when it sitting not running. so if I use a fuel shut off and run it dry, gas wont leak in to the oil. if no gas is in the oil the engine wont overheat and blow apart.

now fixing the seat and needle is so easy it does not make sense not to fix it.

is there more to it then that?

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
I have seen a few engines with needle/seat problems where the engine began running too rich.
If you have the engine i think you have, it uses a viton tipped needle, so its just dropping the bowl if there is room, pull the float pin out, take off the old needle , install the new one. Reinstall the bowl.
That way the carb will work properly and you can use the in line cutoff as a back up.

2ball

Threads
I have seen a few engines with needle/seat problems where the engine began running too rich.
If you have the engine i think you have, it uses a viton tipped needle, so its just dropping the bowl if there is room, pull the float pin out, take off the old needle , install the new one. Reinstall the bowl.
That way the carb will work properly and you can use the in line cutoff as a back up.
thanks, I have a Walbro carb based on a reply from you last year, when I was trying to identify it.
is there more info that I need to order the pin, or are all Walbro needles the same?

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
get the engine model, type and code numbers. Should be on the OHV valve cover
1620680608740.png

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
the carburetor is part of the engine assembly, you need the engine model which is in the picture you posted.
a wire brush or find sand paper/scotch brite will take care of that rust to make it easier to read.

2ball

Threads
9cI221Z.jpg

Hoping to find the correct needle and seat from this. Not enough info here?

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Engine model number is generally the easiest way.
quite a few LMT models, i personally don't know if they use the same needle. i would assume so. but assuming is not knowing... i think the P/N is usually on the other side of that carb.
1620698529602.png

Last edited: