First thing you do in spring

monica123

Threads
What is the first thing you do to your lawn in Spring? So you mow, rake, fertilize? I usually rake and clean up the old growth, cut everything back and let new growth start up.

noma

Threads
Monical 123

When the ground get just right firm and not muddy , i run my roller over it i have a very ruff lawn as the snow is melting i see the dog digging so i think i will have grubs again. I have a hard time getting rid of them..My have to do some raking to ,then run my aigator over it. Then when i put firtilizer on it goes into the ground better. Grass seed where ever needed to.:eek:

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
mow shorter than normal with a vacuum shredder collector attachment...
that cleans up all the winter tree litter that is left over... and it gets everything cleaned up.. plus gives me a huge pile of compost for use through the following years.

The larger areas I just cut a bit shorter for the first cutting using mulching blades... :smile:KennyV

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
What is the first thing you do to your lawn in Spring? So you mow, rake, fertilize? I usually rake and clean up the old growth, cut everything back and let new growth start up.

First thing...CLEAN UP all the tree debris and windblown trash that covers ever yard area.

monica123

Threads
Our winter's are rough so there is plenty of debris, we usually put the tree branches and stuff into a pile to burn with the other brush that didn't survive the winter.

grnspot110

Threads
Rake the gravel out of the grass along the drive, from snow removal! ~~ grnspot110

BGC

Threads
I am one of those who has to clean up all the tree limbs and any garbage that got left behind. Once the yard is clean again I mow the grass.

jenkinsph

Threads
First thing I do is rake the yard clean then mow it down low and collect the clippings for mulch.
Then smooth out any holes or depressions and reseed if needed. Fix any sprinkler problems I was too lazy to fix in the winter time. At the proper time I fertilize with Scott's Halts crabgrass preventer.

greengrass

Threads
Be thankful that its warm again! We have had some harsh winters the past few years and the older I get the more I feel it. After that I do a yard run to see what trees decided to break off and leave little pieces of themselves under the snow mess.