Firing only one cylinder

I have a Briggs and Stratton 22 hp V-twin engine on my ztr. I was servicing my mower so I unplugged both spark plugs after I finished up I only plugged on I had forgot to plug the other. After I noticed it was not plugged I ran it for 5 minutes riding. So did this hurt the engine in any way???? besides not producing the correct horsepower
 
I have a Briggs and Stratton 22 hp V-twin engine on my ztr. I was servicing my mower so I unplugged both spark plugs after I finished up I only plugged on I had forgot to plug the other. After I noticed it was not plugged I ran it for 5 minutes riding. So did this hurt the engine in any way???? besides not producing the correct horsepower
Your V twin will be fine. There are V 8 engines that are powered with 4 cylinders of one bank and compress natural gas with the 4 cylinders of the opposite bank.
 
Only damage that you can do is to the coil, if you still have spark to that plug you should be alright.
 
I have a 616 that's firing on one cylendar. It's been a solid machine. Without the engine manual I don't knowwherebto start. Anyone have the 616 manual in PDF?
 
Your V twin will be fine. There are V 8 engines that are powered with 4 cylinders of one bank and compress natural gas with the 4 cylinders of the opposite bank.

I never heard of this before. Care to explain? 4 cylinders with natural gas, and the other 4 cylinders with what?
 
Fire is a possibility as intake charge is spewed out over the dangling spark plug connector. You escaped this so good on you.:laughing:
 
Back
Top