Fireworks

EverGreen

Threads
Is anyone setting off any fireworks? I have a few and am planning on setting them off. I'll have to set them off in the street though so they don't hit anybody's house. That would be horrible to accidentally set someone's house on fire. :eek:

beesnroses32

Threads
My uncle sets off fireworks every year. I swear one day he's going to blow his hand off. But he's got a good plot way out there.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I hate the (censored) things and wish they were banned from every place, we have four cats and two dogs and the fireworks terrify all of them.

Four years ago kids set my brushpile on fire playing with illegal fireworks and caused a real headache for me, plus it tied up the fire department that could have been needed for other more urgent purposes. It was a BIG brushpile and calling out the FD cost the township over $4000.

The Legislature here in Michigan is considering allowing commercial firework sales because they are tired of people buying them out of state, and they are greedy for the revenue.

WHAT A STUPID IDEA.

grnspot110

Threads
I hate the (censored) things and wish they were banned from every place, we have four cats and two dogs and the fireworks terrify all of them.

Four years ago kids set my brushpile on fire playing with illegal fireworks and caused a real headache for me, plus it tied up the fire department that could have been needed for other more urgent purposes. It was a BIG brushpile and calling out the FD cost the township over $4000.

The Legislature here in Michigan is considering allowing commercial firework sales because they are tired of people buying them out of state, and they are greedy for the revenue.

WHAT A STUPID IDEA.

AGREED!!!

They are legal here, to be sold two weeks before the 4th. I hate the things; the noise, the damage they cause, the waste of money! :mad: It's all about money, they are a high profit item. You can buy them all year in places around here (if you're not a MO resident. One of those businesses burn to the ground a few years ago because some couple wouldn't buy their spoiled brat what he wanted (no proof, but he was seen next to where the fire started just before it went up)! Closed down I-35 for a while! Of course, they built back bigger than ever. ~~ grnspot110

EverGreen

Threads
I don't mind them since it's only once a year and as long as people are safe with them. If I see a neighbor being careless then I just call the cops on them since they are illegal here (at least the kind that make noise or leave the ground).

Hershey

Threads
No, we didn't do any fireworks at home this year. Instead, we sat back and watched the fireworks on television. There were some awesome fireworks on the Macy's show. It was actually the best of the 3 we watched.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I don't mind them since it's only once a year and as long as people are safe with them. If I see a neighbor being careless then I just call the cops on them since they are illegal here (at least the kind that make noise or leave the ground).

I could endure them ONCE a year....but this weekend the 70 year old guy across the road was shooting them off at 10:30 pm on a Monday night....and that is just one instance. As for the police, don't make me laugh...the guy who lives next door to me is a 30 year old cop and he shoots them off year around, as well as does another cop three houses down.

The police almost NEVER enforce firework laws here in Michigan, catching people texting with their phones (just became a law) and not using a seat belt are a bigger priority.