Firepit redo

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
First picture shows my bonfire pit with old patio stones, rusty surround and ugly stump in the background. Spent $31 for new galvanized window wells, and 4 hours hauling up fieldstones to replace the patio stones, and cutting out the stump with a chain saw. Love doing little things like this that don't cost much, yet make a big improvement.

Attachments

• 025.jpg
    025.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    185 KB · Views: 15

Mower manic

Threads
JDgreen said:
First picture shows my bonfire pit with old patio stones, rusty surround and ugly stump in the background. Spent $31 for new galvanized window wells, and 4 hours hauling up fieldstones to replace the patio stones, and cutting out the stump with a chain saw. Love doing little things like this that don't cost much, yet make a big improvement.

That's where that loader comes in handy.

Parkmower

Threads
How dull was your chain by the time you were done. I know the second I hit dirt chain is dull. I always sharpen by hand. Have spent some good time wit a saw in my hands and know you gotta treat it nice.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
How dull was your chain by the time you were done. I know the second I hit dirt chain is dull. I always sharpen by hand. Have spent some good time wit a saw in my hands and know you gotta treat it nice.

It was a nearly new chain, and is still sharp. I used a hand axe to cut all the bark off the stump above the cut line, then scraped and dug out the soil for several inches below the cut line, and finally I used a hose to rinse the bare stump well to be sure there was no grit left to abrade the chain.

And MM, you are right...no attachment is more useful than a loader.