FH580V Over-Revving Issue

legendarylawnsatl

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well I decided to dig around for the kawasaki service manual to see if anyone had posted it online and sure enough:

Covers the whole family of engines including mine. Gave some great insight into the low and high speed idle adjustments which revealed that I had neglected to adjust my low idle at the control bracket. I had only checked the low idle adjustment at the carb. That fixed my over revving at low idle but now I cant seem to properly set my high idle. I get about halfway through the throttle control travel and i'm already over the 3600 rpm high idle spec. back to scratchin my head some more

woodstover

Threads
I just went through that with a FH580V. You have to follow the steps to the letter. Don't forget to use the 1/4 (6mm) drill bit or pin when adjusting I found the ordeal a bit frustrating. Make sure the screw at the bottom right of the control plate is backed out all the way. It is used only for low idle speed adjustment.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
You missed a step as others are hitting on. Like full throttle setting and making the carb linkage do the same. Verify rpms with tach once completed and while adjusting. Read line by line.