FH500V problems

CG4OU

Forum Newbie
Threads
Im new to the JD world.
I have a 2000 LX 277 48C Front wheel steer. 17HP FH500V Kawasaki engine.
Just bought it ran with a surge in the engine and had bead gas it sat for a while bought it for a good deal. Got it home drove it around for a bit. Let it sit for about 2 hours and then it turns over and will not start. so I took the tank off cleaned it out had really bad gas so cleaned out the filter, carb, and the pump put new gas in. Thought it was gonna work .....nope The pump is pumping gas the electric gas stopper is working. I even pressurized the tank with a small amount of air to get fuel to the intake and still nothing. Any help would be appreciated. :confused2:

EngineMan

Lawn Addict
Threads
Check the Solenoid Valve (fuel) the FH500v has one, not sure if you know that a fuel problem if you don't also see if it has spark.

CG4OU

Forum Newbie
Threads
Sorry yes it has spark, the solenoid made noise but I wasn't for sure if it was actuating enough or not so I cut it off shorter. still nothing. Im wondering about the fuel line lifter tube it is not sealed the rubber grommet that keeps it in the tank has diteriated.

CG4OU

Forum Newbie
Threads
I put an entire new fuel system and plugs on it and still nothing. But im happy to say when I got to working on it last night I took the valve covers off only to find a bent push rod. I straightened it the best I could got the lifter free and moving again then...... Bam fired right up. Thanks for all your help :thumbsup:

gregjo1948

Threads
Do you mean you got the valve freed up? If you bent a push rod, it probably will soon stop running again. May be carbon built up on the valve, causing it to stick and bending the pushrod. gregjo1948

dnewton3

Threads
bent push rod? Odd - but not completely inconvievable.

CG4OU

Forum Newbie
Threads
yes the valve was stuck and really gummed up. Seemed to be really free after some serious cleaning.
You say this could happen again?

Any recommendations?

gregjo1948

Threads
yes the valve was stuck and really gummed up. Seemed to be really free after some serious cleaning.
You say this could happen again?

Any recommendations?

If you didn't pull the valve out to thoroughly clean it, it will most likely do it again quite soon. Once it's cleaned properly, run good gas or an addative in the gas, to keep it from building gum and carbon. gregjo1948