Fastrak Kawasaki oil leak.

Fastrak1972

Forum Newbie
Threads
I can't tell where it's coming from. Anybody have any ideas? I've tightened the oil drain spiggot. Only leaks when engine is running. Should I just try to get it looked at under warranty? YT video for reference.

Bartman1969

Forum Newbie
Threads
I can't tell where it's coming from. Anybody have any ideas? I've tightened the oil drain spiggot. Only leaks when engine is running. Should I just try to get it looked at under warranty? YT video for reference.
Always take it in under warranty. With that being said, I had the same problem with mine. It was a few weeks from the expiration of the warranty so I took it into the dealer. They charged me $300 bucks to do a tranny service and couldn't find an engine oil leak so they topped it off and sent it back to me. Long story longer, I was beyond pissed off when I did a visual check after it spewed oil the same way again. I removed the dipstick tube and there it was. A 10 cent O-ring had a gouge in it. Replaced the O-Ring and it hasn't leaked for 2 seasons now.
Hope that helps.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
That is why I clean engines and use UV dye on oil leaks. It can surprise you where the actual oil leak is at.

Bartman1969

Forum Newbie
Threads
That is why I clean engines and use UV dye on oil leaks. It can surprise you where the actual oil leak is at.
I agree but this would be tough to tell with dye as well. It sprays everywhere when in use. So I would think you would have UV dye everywhere as well.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Wipe down the oil filter where it joins to the engine with some kitchen paper towel
Run engine for 5 minutes and check the joint again for oil
Try to fold the paper into a strap slide it over the oil filter then pull tight then remove the pressure and slide it out
You are trying to get a blotting paper marking
If it only happened after you did the oil change then the oil filter too tight - too loose or even wrong filter are prime suspects
One of those mirrors an a stick will be handy
Some times I use spray on foot powder on the joint to watch for wet spots seeping out .

Fastrak1972

Forum Newbie
Threads
After looking for a long time cannot find it. I do know the bottom of the plate the engine is mounted to is pretty much covered in oil after about 10 minutes of running. If I'm not mistaken it has a three year warranty and I've only had it over 1 year so I have sent it in to get looked at by the dealer that sold it to me. I will report here as soon as I hear something. They told me the shop is about a week out on services.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Wipe down the oil filter where it joins to the engine with some kitchen paper towel
Run engine for 5 minutes and check the joint again for oil
Yes, agree with Bert..