Fall Preparation

I seriously doubt Briana is anything close to a hag, now me on the other hand well...but I've been called much worse! As for J.D. bragging , hey it's only bragging if you can't back it up!:laughing:
 
JDgreen said:
I am scratching them right now and laughing my a-- off becuz Jimmy APOLOGIZED to me.....:laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

Meant your walnuts. Get your mind out the gutter
 
Well, I don't know whether to laugh, be embarrassed, or say thank you at this point (lol). :laughing:

But while reading, it went something like this: :ashamed: ... :smile: ... :laughing:

You guys are too much... Thanks for stickin' up for me JD. :thumbsup:

And, uh, by no means can we not talk more about winter mower prep. The more information the better.

By the way, @Giles mentioned you can "Either drain or completely fill tank with TREATED FUEL", just out of curiosity, which method is preferred and are there different results for each method after a few months' storage?

Thanks. :smile:
 
Well, I don't know whether to laugh, be embarrassed, or say thank you at this point (lol). :laughing:

But while reading, it went something like this: :ashamed: ... :smile: ... :laughing:

You guys are too much... Thanks for stickin' up for me JD. :thumbsup:

And, uh, by no means can we not talk more about winter mower prep. The more information the better.

By the way, @Giles mentioned you can "Either drain or completely fill tank with TREATED FUEL", just out of curiosity, which method is preferred and are there different results for each method after a few months' storage?

Thanks. :smile:

For smaller equipment I prefer to drain as it is easy, for equipment that holds several gallons which complicates draining fuel, I prefer treated fuel. I have a motorhome with a 75 gallon fuel tank, can you imagine trying to drain all that?
 
Well, I don't know whether to laugh, be embarrassed, or say thank you at this point (lol). :laughing:

But while reading, it went something like this: :ashamed: ... :smile: ... :laughing:

You guys are too much... Thanks for stickin' up for me JD. :thumbsup:

And, uh, by no means can we not talk more about winter mower prep. The more information the better.

By the way, @Giles mentioned you can "Either drain or completely fill tank with TREATED FUEL", just out of curiosity, which method is preferred and are there different results for each method after a few months' storage?Thanks. :smile:
The preferred methoid for me depends on construction of fuel tank. If tank is plastic, I usually drain and run the engine until all gas in carburetor is burned. I do this to all my chainsaws, trimmers, and blowers. I do this if they are not to be used for two months or longer:thumbsup:
Now if the machine has a metal tank, I fill completely full to prevent RUST!
I always go out of my way, to purchase ethenol free gas and I immediately treat the gas and mark it:thumbsup:
Sad thing is---today's gas can go bad in as little as four to six weeks, so with a full tank, problems can occur:thumbdown:
Over the years, I have stored gas for several months without problems --especially 2 cycle mix but not with today"s gas.:mad:
 
Sad thing is---today's gas can go bad in as little as four to six weeks, so with a full tank, problems can occur:thumbdown:
Over the years, I have stored gas for several months without problems --especially 2 cycle mix but not with today"s gas.
Hm, that's really interesting. I wonder why?

I have a motorhome with a 75 gallon fuel tank, can you imagine trying to drain all that?
Haha, yeah, I see your point!
 
JDgreen said:
You said NOTHING about walnuts....."Go back to picking your nuts, old man" Get YOUR mind out of the gutter. :biggrin::biggrin:

I was originally referring to your WALNUTs you've been goin on about pickin lately
 
Back
Top