F motor coil

beg

Threads
are the new style Duraforce coils compatible with the F motor? I was digging around in my garage and found an f motor with good compression so my goal was to put it on a gold series 3speed trans.the motor was missing the coil.I got it on the deck but had to use the lower plate as the replacement f motor was a push model everything seems to be interchangeable and the project is coming along good thing they redesigned the duraforce with belt replacement in mind

bt3

Threads
Not certain. If it fits, it may very well work for you.

I did order a few of these for my F motor.
Amazon.com : NEW LAWN BOY IGNITION COIL MODULE 99-2916 99-2911 92-1152 684048 684049 : Patio, Lawn & Garden

They sometimes get mixed reviews and some say they don't work as good as the much more expensive stock units, but they are inexpensive and they work just fine for my F series: This one has good reviews all around. I'm on my 2nd season with mine and no problems at all. For 15 bucks, it's a good deal, IMO.

Phototone

Threads
"F" series and Duraforce series coils are not the same. In fact "F" series coils changed over the years. Early ones needed to have the kill wire shorted to block to run, later, just the opposite. I don't think the mounting studs for "F" series and Duraforce coils are at the same distance from flywheel. But "F" series aftermarket coils are readily available from 3rd party vendors.