Extremely loud exhaust

who is complaining? You or the neighbors. If it is you, wear earplugs and/or follow other's suggestions.
 
Until we know what engine model/type number the muffler and the replacement muffler PN is we are only guessing at a solution.

Extremely loud is subjective as one person's loud might be someone other not as loud. BUT dBd are dBd. Some mufflers are no more than a straight pipe while other are extremely quite. A well designed free flow muffler can be rather quite when compare said a glass packed muffler. If there were limits on the noise levels then manufactures would make quieter mufflers.
 
Startech wrote
:Until we know what engine model/type number
the muffler and the replacement muffler PN is we are only guessing at a solution.


I suspect you have couple very bad MUFFLER BEARINGS that probably needs greased. Might trying filling the muffler with EP2 grease and give a test run.

He says he has a bright powerbuilt 12.5 Hp. in his first post.

Sorry but I just cannot seem to pull up a IPL using that bright model number info.?????????????????????????
I even tried using less info than you posted???????????



I have this model Briggs 10hp 21R707 145G1 191030ZD with the stock muffler and it's muffler bearings are really quiet.
 
I think maybe I have heard somewhere of greasing muffler bearing on a bright powerbuilt 12.5 rig.
May have been a You tube video???????????

I suspect the OP may be just playing with Us.
Nope not playing. This mower has cranked no problem for probably 15 years. After sitting all winter. This year fires it up, would only run on full choke. Cleaned carb and it ran but not right. Purchased new car, installed and crap loud. Bought new muffler, no change. I messed around with mixture screw and got it to run smooth but still loud. I used brake cleaner (not starting fluid) to spray around to see if I had a gasket leak around intake. By mistake some got in air inlet. It choked down, thought it should rev up. Tryed just barely letting some in and it still chokes.

As for complaints, none. But cutting around baby's nap time is problematic. And when she starts complaining...well you know.
 
Back
Top