Extremely loud exhaust

Bwn_us

Forum Newbie
I have a briggs powerbuilt 12.5hp. And it has got extremely loud (exhaust). I replaced and still the same. Covered muffler with rag to be sure it was from muffler. Could it be a burnt valve or what am I missing?
 
Last edited:
I've never seen a burnt valve cause loud exhaust, if you have a burnt valve I don't think it would even run, you may try a different muffler - larger to quiet it down a bit, was it always loud? you may have an exhaust leak sort of bypassing the muffler
 
You say:
But still don't understand why oem new muffler and still loud and chokes down with ether

Huh?????????what??????????
Say again?????????????????

Are you indicating you are priming with ether?

If so why????????????
 
Last edited:
Sorry.
I am not sure of what you are saying
The muffler is cheap and Briggs are very noisy engines which is one reason why a lot of mower companies fit their own muffler .
Either is a fuel adding more fuel will make the engine run rich & blow black smoke because there is more fuel than the engine can burn.
 
I'll try that. But still don't understand why oem new muffler and still loud and chokes down with ether
You're adding more fuel by spraying it with ether.... too much fuel at the wrong volume. Its different than opening the throttle.
 
Back
Top