Expansion tanks

21Mav

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi all,
I have a 2021 Bad Boy Maverick 60" w/kawasaki.. ZT3200 hydros... 45hrs, gearing up to replace the hydro fluid. Watched videos online. But here is my dilemma, I do not have expansion tanks. Manual says to fill it up at the fill plug. I want to add tanks so I can keep an eye on the fluid level.... I have all the part numbers to put it together. I just want to verify where the threaded fitting goes into the hydro gear(s). I found a weird looking bolt type deal next to the drain plug wondering if this is where it goes, maybe someone can confirm

21Mav

Forum Newbie
Threads
Here a pic I took of the fill plug and where I think the expansion tank adapter would go

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230612_184953_Photo Editor.jpg
    Screenshot_20230612_184953_Photo Editor.jpg
    728.9 KB · Views: 15

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
That plug you do not remove. The 3/4-18 fill plug is the one you install a new barb fitting in so can connect the tank line to it.

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi all,
I have a 2021 Bad Boy Maverick 60" w/kawasaki.. ZT3200 hydros... 45hrs, gearing up to replace the hydro fluid. Watched videos online. But here is my dilemma, I do not have expansion tanks. Manual says to fill it up at the fill plug. I want to add tanks so I can keep an eye on the fluid level.... I have all the part numbers to put it together. I just want to verify where the threaded fitting goes into the hydro gear(s). I found a weird looking bolt type deal next to the drain plug wondering if this is where it goes, maybe someone can confirm
Here's the hook up, watch 1st you tube, for your hydros. : https://www.hydro-gear.com/oil/

21Mav

Forum Newbie
Threads

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Now if that is indeed a vent then that where you need to connect the tanks as otherwise you would oil over flowing. I was going by the IPL which doesn't show the vent plug.

I do however recently became a HG service center and definitely got some learning to do but have already ordered those vents per their SB about the new version. I thought it was only in reference to the EZT units.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Now if that is indeed a vent then that where you need to connect the tanks as otherwise you would oil over flowing. I was going by the IPL which doesn't show the vent plug.

I do however recently became a HG service center and definitely got some learning to do but have already ordered those vents per their SB about the new version. I thought it was only in reference to the EZT units.
Look on page 12 of the service manual.