Exmark Radius E series with 708 possible camshaft issue

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / Exmark Radius E series with 708 possible camshaft issue
Ouch, anyone have some Mecurochrome to put on the stab wound in my back? Must have not use a sarated knife as I don’t feel any pain. I guess I was right when I said a loose adjuster nut was the cause of the problem. He never mentioned that the nut was loose in his original posting, as he now states. He’ll be back, as a guest so no one knows, just to see if i reply. Sir, the part is called a tappet not lifter (tappet is solid and a lifter is oil filled) and I doubt it was stuck. If the tappet was stuck, as you state, there would need to be a cause which you have not addressed and the problem will reoccur in the future. As for your apology, I doubt it was meant for me so I’ll just go find someone who can understand 70+ year old humor.
Sometimes I think people either can't understand sarcasm or just go snowflake because they think it is personal attack.

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
Sometimes I think people either can't understand sarcasm or just go snowflake because they think it is personal attack.
Read the entire post. Yeah, he never said the rocker arm holding stud/nut/bolt was loose (that occasionally happens). If that is all it was, why would he need to post on here unless he couldn’t figure it out? Also, how does an ExMark zero turn come with a Loncin (Chonda engine ?) Also, if the cam lobes were worn down, wouldn’t that be a gradual process and engine performance would be negatively affected as time went on?

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
“Also, how does an ExMark zero turn come with a Loncin (Chonda engine ?)”
For the same reason Toro comes with a Loncin engine. Cost reduction. They perform as intended. I’ve owned 2 Toro mowers with the same engine. They never gave me a minute of trouble.
They are significantly better than the Chinese Yamaha engines that were put on Bad Boy, Husqvarna, and Gravely mowers.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Read the entire post. Yeah, he never said the rocker arm holding stud/nut/bolt was loose (that occasionally happens). If that is all it was, why would he need to post on here unless he couldn’t figure it out? Also, how does an ExMark zero turn come with a Loncin (Chonda engine ?) Also, if the cam lobes were worn down, wouldn’t that be a gradual process and engine performance would be negatively affected as time went on?
How does Exmark come with a Loncin engine. Simple Exmark is owned by Excel. Excel is owned by Black and Decker which also owns MTD and Craftsman. MTD started using their own Powermore branded engines in 2005 with the bankruptcy of Murray. The Powermore is a Loncin engine

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
How does Exmark come with a Loncin engine. Simple Exmark is owned by Excel. Excel is owned by Black and Decker which also owns MTD and Craftsman. MTD started using their own Powermore branded engines in 2005 with the bankruptcy of Murray. The Powermore is a Loncin engine
Exmark is owned by Toro.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Personally I work a lot different brands and models. There is no way to know everything and that why personally I need the actual model numbers to look up the IPLs and sometimes the SMs to get the info I need to reply with valid info. I simply don't like guessing and posting bad info.

Even on the Exmark this what I have to have Exmark to lookup equipment.1678822599050.png

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Exmark is owned by Toro.
Your correct. Just too many purchases by companies lately to keep them straight. MTD owns excel which is Big Dog and Hustler. Toro owns Exmark and Ventrac at this point along with Ditch Witch through the Charles machine company, and Dingo

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
And Stanley Black and Decker now owns MTD if I remember correctly. 2021.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Now I know what was throwing me off with what company owns what. It was Toro purchasing Intimidator group aka, Spartan mowers.