Exmark Radius E series with 708 possible camshaft issue

jbugj

Threads
  • / Exmark Radius E series with 708 possible camshaft issue
That is pretty much what he did, with some detailed explanation as to why it was needed. The OP reaction of getting feelings hurt, rather than providing the info was where it went South. If the guy wants help, he can either ignore what he doesn't like or comply with simple request. The OP reaction did not come across as a humble response of someone truly looking for help.
I'm sorry, but the newbie OP reaction came after a good 'simple' tongue lashing. The initial request was very humble, and I don't believe anyone can show anything in it to the otherwise. People do not need to be treated that way. And 'Royalty' here should likely know better? What is wrong with 'More info please?'

That said, "Good Night, JohnBoy!" to all...

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I'm sorry, but the newbie OP reaction came after a good 'simple' tongue lashing. The initial request was very humble, and I don't believe anyone can show anything in it to the otherwise. People do not need to be treated that way. And 'Royalty' here should likely know better? What is wrong with 'More info please?'

That said, "Good Night, JohnBoy!" to all...
When you have to ask for "More info Please" about half the time instead of people providing it then we wouldn't need to get sarcastic and risk offending the snowflakes. Rivets response was the standard response after a long day of asking the same questions over and over and over and over again. And then the OP got offended and responded with I gave you everything that you needed with the mower information highlighted in bold. And you need to understand that 90% of the time the engine is not part of the mower, So we have to assume Briggs, Kohler, Kawasaki in most cases. And then things went off the rails.

And if people think the Ford, Chevy V-8, Hemi or Briggs engine reference is offensive they need to go back into the basement were it is safe for today.

jbugj

Threads
When you have to ask for "More info Please" about half the time instead of people providing it then we wouldn't need to get sarcastic and risk offending the snowflakes. Rivets response was the standard response after a long day of asking the same questions over and over and over and over again. And then the OP got offended and responded with I gave you everything that you needed with the mower information highlighted in bold. And you need to understand that 90% of the time the engine is not part of the mower, So we have to assume Briggs, Kohler, Kawasaki in most cases. And then things went off the rails.

And if people think the Ford, Chevy V-8, Hemi or Briggs engine reference is offensive they need to go back into the basement were it is safe for today.
"we wouldn't need to get sarcastic"...maybe just take the day off if you are feeling like that? so simple...and do moderators justify this bad behavior...just a rhetorical question.

Now...I have had enough of people justifying their bad behaviors, and...final answer...byebye...:sleep:

13brian

Threads
"we wouldn't need to get sarcastic"...maybe just take the day off if you are feeling like that? so simple...and do moderators justify this bad behavior...just a rhetorical question.

Now...I have had enough of people justifying their bad behaviors, and...final answer...byebye...:sleep:
Just an eye roll, wow.

Ron_AU

Threads
This thread would have been a non starter if the OP had looked into the problem more closely.
But it seems it is common to rush off to a forum with a problem (aka 'issue') and fire up the natives.
And then the fun starts.

Last time I posted on a lawnmower forum was to help someone else.
Some uppity moderator told me my 'problem' wasn't being posted in the right place. (Add emoji for middle finger salute at that point.)

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Yes moderators are a royal pain as they can be control freaks. Even here I got jump on for supposedly posting help via PMs. This is why I don't accept PMs or Emails from this forum. If I have some properity info that needs sending it just don't get done now. As several my files are dealer only files like all the Stihl service manuals I have. Stihl will shut files if they knew I had them publicly available.

The forum I manage when post is in the wrong place I just move it and leave a shadow post where it was moved from.

Tdj2591

Threads
The use if Chonda engines on OEM started long before the events of the last 3 years. MTD started down that line in 2005 when they refused to use Briggs engines because they now saw them as a mower competitor not an engine supplier when Briggs purchases Murray, which effected Tecumseh.. Also some of those Powermore engines landed in the Toro line because Toro outsourced their homeowner mower manufacturing to MTD in 2007. Husqvarna was using LCT, Loncin and Rato engines prior to 2018 marketed under the Husqvarna engine name. Even Generac has kind of hidden their stuff when they claim to make their own engines which they do. But the only Generac manufactured engines on their portable generators are the twin cylinder engines. The single cylinder are Loncin and a few Rato, which they claim never used even though some of their parts diagrams list Rato engines.
When I bought a homeowner-size Toro in 2010 I casually mentioned it to the CEO of MTD when he was in my office, thinking I was telling him that I bought one of their products. He told me that MTD does not make Toro. I have had MTD employees tell me that they make junk.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
The 2007 consumer mowers were rebranded MTD

From wikipedia for Toro

In 2007 almost 70 percent of the company's sales came from professional markets, versus one-third in 1990. In 2007, the low-end lawn and garden tractor product manufacturing was outsourced to MTD Products, to be sold at Home Depot stores.[9] Toro discontinued its Wheel Horse models and retired the brand name in 2007.[10] Products and other brands expanded with Toro's purchases of TYCROP Manufacturing turf equipment product line in 2009 and USPraxis in 2010.

And MTD doesn't make junk, they are making exactly what the consumer market is asking for. If the consumer market is not willing to pay proper prices for quality that is not MTD problem

Ron_AU

Threads
The 2007 consumer mowers were rebranded MTD

From wikipedia for Toro

In 2007 almost 70 percent of the company's sales came from professional markets, versus one-third in 1990. In 2007, the low-end lawn and garden tractor product manufacturing was outsourced to MTD Products, to be sold at Home Depot stores.[9] Toro discontinued its Wheel Horse models and retired the brand name in 2007.[10] Products and other brands expanded with Toro's purchases of TYCROP Manufacturing turf equipment product line in 2009 and USPraxis in 2010.

And MTD doesn't make junk, they are making exactly what the consumer market is asking for. If the consumer market is not willing to pay proper prices for quality that is not MTD problem
Too true on the last point.

Locally here in South Australia, there isn't too much choice in push mowers - I can either spend $800 on a Honda push mower, or $245 on a Sanli.
I now own 3 Sanli push mowers, and the improvements in design and reliability between the oldest and newest is very noticeable.
I wouldn't hesitate to recommend buying on price (low) rather than reputation.

EDIT: Not much of a market here for snow blowers or generators though.