Exmark Lazer Z XS diesel spin on element

shoughtonh

Threads
Definitely. Part of the fuel system service is to drain this filter to remove water. I haven’t heard back from Exmark re how often the element should be changed out.

Born2Mow

Threads
NAPA used to sell diesel fuel filters with radiator-type water drains on the very bottom. That was nice because you could drain without taking the filter all the way off. Another filter maker, Raycor, had a transparent bowl so you could visually inspect.

Pretty sure Raycor is still considered the best.

shoughtonh

Threads
Thanks. Exmark indicated it should be changed between 250-400hrs. Funny that there is no reference to doing so in the manuals provided to the consumer. Maybe its referenced in the workshop manual which they wont provide to those of us that like to work on our own stuff.

shoughtonh

Threads
I thought I would post a quick update. What a difference changing this spin on element out has made in starting the mower! No more hard starts. My model year is 2006, if anyone has one this old and is having an issue w hard starts, changing out this filter should be on your shortlist. Again in my owners and parts manual for this machine, there is no reference to servicing this part of the fuel system other than draining the water.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Once a year or every 400 hours, whichever comes first.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
I've never seen a diesel fuel filter with a time limit, only hours of use.