ExMark Lazer Z electrical or charging issue.

FireCapt63

Forum Newbie
Threads
This has happened twice in the last two cuttings. Cutting grass and all of a sudden, mower dies and will not start. Engine will not turn over or anything. Check the fuses and both 20 amp blade fuses are blown. Replaced both and go to start engine and all I get is a clicking noise. Check battery and it is showing a charge of 32%. Recharge to 50% thinking this is enough to restart, which it is. Removed charger while the engine is still running and walk away about 30 feet and engine dies again. This time it has blown 1 fuse. Replaced fuse and put on full charge to 100%. Engine started up and I drove it to the barn. Had the battery checked at the Interstate battery store after the first incident and the battery checked good. Battery is two year old. Electrical system was checked also and it was good. Could not find any frayed or naked wires. Any suggestions on what may be causing these issues.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Please post the model and serial numbers of the engine. With them I will get you a service manual which will go through how to test the charging system.

FireCapt63

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks. I will post that tomorrow for you. I am on duty at the fire department today.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Thank you for your service and stay safe. I’ll be watching for it.