Exmark Kawasaki FX730V not starting

hlw49

Lawn Addict
Threads
Could be but unlikely both coils would go at the same time. Could be a fuel tank not venting. Could be restriction in the fuel supply. Have diagnose the problem. When is stops try spraying gumout carb cleaner in the carb. If it starts fuel problem if not ignition problem. Then try unpluging the ignition kill wire to make sure it is not in the mower. There where the starter is there two wires that plug in to the engine wiring. One is green fuel solenoid the other is black ignition kill wire, unplug the black wire and test for fire again.

Jimmac

Threads
Could be but unlikely both coils would go at the same time. Could be a fuel tank not venting. Could be restriction in the fuel supply. Have diagnose the problem. When is stops try spraying gumout carb cleaner in the carb. If it starts fuel problem if not ignition problem. Then try unpluging the ignition kill wire to make sure it is not in the mower. There where the starter is there two wires that plug in to the engine wiring. One is green fuel solenoid the other is black ignition kill wire, unplug the black wire and test for fire again.
I’m actually thankful my mower acted up. Forced me to fix things along the way I didn’t know were wrong. I had a mouse nest on one coil 😂.

I do think this surging may be the valve adjustment on the exhaust valve. I also think I have a timing issue. But, I did clean my crank case, replace coils, plugs, filters and carb so I should be running like new once the current issues are fixed 😂

Jimmac

Threads
I’m actually thankful my mower acted up. Forced me to fix things along the way I didn’t know were wrong. I had a mouse nest on one coil 😂.

I do think this surging may be the valve adjustment on the exhaust valve. I also think I have a timing issue. But, I did clean my crank case, replace coils, plugs, filters and carb so I should be running like new once the current issues are fixed 😂
Oh and I’ll add that the reason I’m not adjusting the valves myself is because the orientation of the engine in the mower severely restricts access so the motor needs to come out and I’m not set up for that.