Everybody keeps sending me the wrong valve seal! (590534)

if you are referring to the 4 pictures I posted, all were shown by the sellers in original B&S packaging and with the part numbers on the packaging. #3 and #4 both share the same part number. I don't know what to say but clearly from different suppliers to B&S. Have you tried the other part to see if it will fit? If not why?
 
Yes I tried to see if it will fit. Its a totally different part in a totally different shape so theres no way to even try to install it. Its like trying to install a square peg in a round hole.
 
UPDATE:

I contacted another random company online asking if they had a picture of the part they were selling with the number 590534. After going back and forth a bit and hearing my problem, he was able to contact briggs directly and get an answer. They messed up, all these seals are going out with the wrong number on the bag, and there are "correct" seals anywhere in their inventory.

The seals aren't really needed they say. Normally I'd probably just buy the whole valve kit to get one, he said the motor has slightly worse emissions without the seal. This is a mower I'm selling so I'm just going to reassemble with no seal and be done with it!

At least I know I'm not crazy!
 
Back
Top