Ethanol Education

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yea, and it takes a computerized fuel injection system to make it work.

Yeah it's called the Computer age and whether we like it or not it effects everyone and everything, all aspects of life so get use to it because it's only going to get better.

renniumSdar

Forum Newbie
Threads
The standard of education represents something more significant than just a system of knowledge and skills. This is a quality standard that reflects the optimal level of the educational process. It denotes an example, an ideal to strive for in education. The standard expresses not only the content of the curriculum, but also the ways of teaching, educating, and supporting students. It defines the criteria for success and helps create an environment where every student can reach their potential and achieve their best.

Maxjemm

Forum Newbie
Threads
Greetings All

This post is about educating people on the issues of ethanol.
I know everyone has their own opinion on fuels and the type of additives to use, if any. They also have a bad rap as "snake oil".
Just to give a little education on ethanol blended fuel.
First off, ethanol is good for the economy, it is a renewable source of fuel, and it is good for the environment. It is not going away. In fact, scientists are looking for new and more cost effective ways to produce ethanol other than from corn. The oil companies say they do not like Ethanol but they really do. Ethanol is a cheap way for them to boost octane.
With that said, ethanol has an evil side as well.
All small engine manufactures say not use any fuel with more than 10% ethanol. If you do, your warranty can be voided. There are several reasons for this.
1. All ethanol has water in it; depending upon the area, the amount can very. Ethanol is hygroscopic which means that it will absorb water from anything including the air. Once it has absorbed enough water, the ethanol and water will fall out of the gas and sit at the bottom of the tank. If that mixture is sucked up by the carburetor while the engine is running, the engine will probably seize up.
2. Another fact about ethanol is that it does not mix with 2-stroke engine oil. In other words, when you mix your oil and gas together for trimmers etc, some of that gas has no lubrication value.
3. The ethanol water mixture is also very corrosive (ph of 3.5-4). It will eat metal, rubber, and plastic parts. Feel the fuel line on your trimmer. Is it soft or hard? Chances are it is hard. This is from the ethanol.
4. When you buy gas, only get what you need for a month as ethanol blended gas will start to go bad after 30 days. Engines will run on gas that is starting to go bad, but it will destroy an engine if ran for long enough time. One tankful may not do it but running several gallons will. The old gas will carbon up the piston/cylinder and on 4-stroke units, it will gum up the valves so that they stick open.
I have processed and denied many warranty claims over the years because of old gas.
5. Ethanol is about 37% oxygen. Carburetors are designed to compensate for this extra oxygen. If higher amounts of ethanol blended fuel is used, the fuel air ratio is now affected and the engine will leaner.

The key is to find a good fuel stabilizer and keep the gas stabilized at all times.
The trick is to know which stabilizer to use as there are so many out there and all them say there products work the best.
Almost all stabilizers use either alcohol or petroleum distillates as the base for their stabilizers. These items burn very dirty in the engine and will carbon up the engine over time. As far as alcohol is concerned, ethanol is also alcohol and we are having issues with that. Why would you want to add more to the gas?

Yes I work for a fuel additive company. But this post is meant to inform people about ethanol.
Yes our products truly do work. So I do not cross any lines, please google Mechanic in a Bottle. You can also send me a private message and I will send you a free sample. I always say that proof is in the pudding. In my opinion the standard of education is such that universities admit students not on the basis of their intelligence and skills but on the basis of who writes the SoP, this is not correct. Doesn't the commission know that there are services that statement of purpose writing service? Therefore, it is impossible to identify students using this document; this is not correct!
You offered a good standard!

roys1955

Forum Newbie
Threads
Greetings All

This post is about educating people on the issues of ethanol.
I know everyone has their own opinion on fuels and the type of additives to use, if any. They also have a bad rap as "snake oil".
Just to give a little education on ethanol blended fuel.
First off, ethanol is good for the economy, it is a renewable source of fuel, and it is good for the environment. It is not going away. In fact, scientists are looking for new and more cost effective ways to produce ethanol other than from corn. The oil companies say they do not like Ethanol but they really do. Ethanol is a cheap way for them to boost octane.
With that said, ethanol has an evil side as well.
All small engine manufactures say not use any fuel with more than 10% ethanol. If you do, your warranty can be voided. There are several reasons for this.
1. All ethanol has water in it; depending upon the area, the amount can very. Ethanol is hygroscopic which means that it will absorb water from anything including the air. Once it has absorbed enough water, the ethanol and water will fall out of the gas and sit at the bottom of the tank. If that mixture is sucked up by the carburetor while the engine is running, the engine will probably seize up.
2. Another fact about ethanol is that it does not mix with 2-stroke engine oil. In other words, when you mix your oil and gas together for trimmers etc, some of that gas has no lubrication value.
3. The ethanol water mixture is also very corrosive (ph of 3.5-4). It will eat metal, rubber, and plastic parts. Feel the fuel line on your trimmer. Is it soft or hard? Chances are it is hard. This is from the ethanol.
4. When you buy gas, only get what you need for a month as ethanol blended gas will start to go bad after 30 days. Engines will run on gas that is starting to go bad, but it will destroy an engine if ran for long enough time. One tankful may not do it but running several gallons will. The old gas will carbon up the piston/cylinder and on 4-stroke units, it will gum up the valves so that they stick open.
I have processed and denied many warranty claims over the years because of old gas.
5. Ethanol is about 37% oxygen. Carburetors are designed to compensate for this extra oxygen. If higher amounts of ethanol blended fuel is used, the fuel air ratio is now affected and the engine will leaner.

The key is to find a good fuel stabilizer and keep the gas stabilized at all times.
The trick is to know which stabilizer to use as there are so many out there and all them say there products work the best.
Almost all stabilizers use either alcohol or petroleum distillates as the base for their stabilizers. These items burn very dirty in the engine and will carbon up the engine over time. As far as alcohol is concerned, ethanol is also alcohol and we are having issues with that. Why would you want to add more to the gas?

Yes I work for a fuel additive company. But this post is meant to inform people about ethanol.
Yes our products truly do work. So I do not cross any lines, please google Mechanic in a Bottle. You can also send me a private message and I will send you a free sample. I always say that proof is in the pudding.
Alcohol in gasoline was proven by the University of Wisconsin to pollute 24% more than gasoline alone. Putting alcohol in gas is all politics, bad politics