Engine Engine wont start

pappy71

Member
I have a yardbug riding mower that wont start. I charged the battery like I do every year at this time, but this time it wont turn over, I dont have a battery tester so I'm not sure if the battery is good, but it should be, it's only 2 years old. Is there something else I can check to make sure it starts? thanx
 
First I would make sure your battery connections are tight & check the fuse.
Battery could still be bad even though it's 2 years old.
 
I have a yardbug riding mower that wont start. I charged the battery like I do every year at this time, but this time it wont turn over, I dont have a battery tester so I'm not sure if the battery is good, but it should be, it's only 2 years old. Is there something else I can check to make sure it starts? thanx

Jump start it with another battery, if it starts...it's the battery.


Also, all the safety conditions must be met...did you forget to push in the clutch> for example? disengage the blades?
 
Remove one of the headlamp globes.
Get about 18" of wire.
put one terminal on one side of the battery and use the wire to connect the other.
Globe lights, battery has enough power to at least trip the solenoid so you should hear the starter click or try to turn.
IF the globe does not glow, test it in the same way on your cars battery.
 
Should be near battery with one red wire going in and one red wire coming out. My father has the yard bug also. 20A fuse in his
 
If you have 2 wires on the + terminal on the battery it will be on the thin wire.

If you have only 1 thick wire, follow it to the starter solenoid where it should bolt on to a terminal with a smaller red wire.
The fuse will be on that small wire
 
Back
Top