ENGINE won't REV UP

Threads
yeah - it appears to be working properly...
closes all the way when I choke it; and opens fully when I don't
hhuummm :confused2: :mur:

Threads
well I did everything we talked about - everything 'looks' perfect.
Now it'll won't 'kick in' to start. Motor turns fine, but it just never 'hits'...
Have no clue about that either.

I know it'll flood when you try and start it with the choke on,... tried it that way,... turned it until it cleared up;
then let it sat and tried again later when it wasn't flooded.
Motors turns free; just won't ever hit or try to fire. Checked plug again, etc

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Is there any way to get a compression check on it. I am starting to think there is more going on them just the run at half throttle. More like something leading to more of a serious issue.

Threads
wouldn't know how to do a compression check - or who to get to do one - any suggestions?
We've been tinkering on it today some more. Double checking what I did the other days for the most part.
Dad helped me look at it and he was left scratching his head too. :smiley_aafz:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Remove the muffler and try again.
There is a lot of wildlife that mistake a ride on muffler as a wildlife hilton ( not paris type hilton, bed & breakfast type Hilton ).
Bad thing is they did not read the manual and so die in there and partially block the exhaust thus choke your motor.
I have had this problem many times, Bugs die but stay put for a while then eventually fall off, get caught up some where and partially block off the exhaust.
Most common on blue smokes but have found some big lizards cooked a bit better than medium rare blocking off the outlet.

Threads
OK I'll check...
but the mower is kept in a garage and had worked for over an hour before this started...
But at this point I'm open to all suggestions... :wink:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Also take a picture of the throttle set up far enough back to show all of the controls & springs.
I am starting to think a spring may have dropped off allowing the govenor to work too well and keep the throttle closed down further than it should be.
Look up your mower on partstree.com and check that all the springs & linkages shown are still on your mower

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
The compression check I do on my Intek is like one done on an auto engine. Get a cheap compression gauge, even one with the rubber (universal) cone. I open the throttle while cranking. No magic.

Threads
Also take a picture of the throttle set up far enough back to show all of the controls & springs.
I am starting to think a spring may have dropped off allowing the govenor to work too well and keep the throttle closed down further than it should be.
Look up your mower on partstree.com and check that all the springs & linkages shown are still on your mower

I'm not sure what the spring for the govenor is good for.
(I think it's the govenor)
The spring is hooked into the arm attached to the block,.. and also attached to the toggle on the rod that attaches to the carb.
SO I can't see where it has any effect because it seems to be pulling against itself. Of course this is the way it's always been

Maybe pics will show what I mean..??
The image #0837 shows the whole length of the rod and spring
Image 0838 is a top down view where the rod attaches to the carb. and also you can see the spring right next to the rod.
Image #0839 shows the other end where the rod goes, and the arm it attaches to. You can also see the spring attached to the rod.
The rod and spring move as one unit... so I can't see where the spring does anything

Attachments

• IMG_0837.jpg
    IMG_0837.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0838.jpg
    IMG_0838.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0839.jpg
    IMG_0839.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 19

Mikel1

Threads
wouldn't know how to do a compression check - or who to get to do one - any suggestions?
We've been tinkering on it today some more. Double checking what I did the other days for the most part.
Dad helped me look at it and he was left scratching his head too. :smiley_aafz:

So I take it that it's not starting up now?
You should be able to get a compression tester at most auto part stores. Just make sure you tell them your using it for a small engine. I like the screw in type myself.