Engine wont cold start w/o starting fluid, fine otherwise: Kohler courage 24hp

reynoldston

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / Engine wont cold start w/o starting fluid, fine otherwise: Kohler courage 24hp
Like I said check choke first. Your fuel pump has a one way valve in it. This hold fuel pressure to the carburetor so when you have a cold start you don't have a empty fuel line if the fuel bleeds back into the tank. If this fuel pump valve go's bad it will make for cold hard starting.

roaulduke

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Engine wont cold start w/o starting fluid, fine otherwise: Kohler courage 24hp
Like I said check choke first. Your fuel pump has a one way valve in it. This hold fuel pressure to the carburetor so when you have a cold start you don't have a empty fuel line if the fuel bleeds back into the tank. If this fuel pump valve go's bad it will make for cold hard starting.

cab326

Forum Newbie
Threads
I know this is an older post but just came across the same issue. Picked up a Cub Cadet XT1 with 15 hrs on for next to nothing because it was extremely hard to start. Thanks to this thread I found that the choke just needed adjusted. Starts up everytime as it should now.

Krazy

Forum Newbie
Threads
Just wondering why are you using starting fluid? your just washing the oil off cly walls and piston,your just causing another problem.if it wont start on gas look elsewhere, and throw that can in garbage in the last 40 yrs never had to use that starting fluid only on diesel at 40 below.read a repair manual.