Engine swap

nostalgiajm

Forum Newbie
I have a 16hp Briggs engine in a Toro zero lawnmower. I want to upgrade to either a 18hp or higher motor. Is that possible, and how high can I go.
 
You will have to check with a dealer to see which footprint will fit on your chassis. Also, does it have the same size crankshaft.
 
Found this:

Toro
Original Engine - 303776-1188-A1 (16hp)
Replacement - 356776-0046-G1 (18hp)


Step 1
Disconnect wiring harnesses, fuel line and throttle. Unbolt and remove old 16HP engine along with pulley and electric clutch. Remove muffler from old engine. No additional parts or modifications are needed for repower.

Step 2
Mount new 18 HP engine onto mower frame using existing holes and bolt into place. Install pulley and clutch assemblies and belt. Attach old muffler, throttle cable, fuel line to tank. Put in fresh gas, fill crankcase with Briggs oil and test.

If you have never done something like this before - ask a professional.
 
Back
Top