engine swap

dwint

Well-Known Member
I have a murry 42 inch with a 17.5 briggs but I think the motor is toast.i have a 7 h.p briggs from a push mower.is there a difference in the shaft sizes and length
 
I have a murry 42 inch with a 17.5 briggs but I think the motor is toast.i have a 7 h.p briggs from a push mower.is there a difference in the shaft sizes and length

I just went to the brigs web site and it looks like the lowest h.p I could use is a 12.5
 
I have a murry 42 inch with a 17.5 briggs but I think the motor is toast.i have a 7 h.p briggs from a push mower.is there a difference in the shaft sizes and length

I would think that even if it fit, you would have nothing but trouble due to lack of power.
 
Back
Top