engine rpms waaaaay too high...governer issue?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Ok, I guess I can’t count, first you asked what to do and I said get to know your governor system and stick to one thing. You told me that is what you will do. Second, the very next post you talk about having the wrong carb, because you couldn’t find an air leak as suggested earlier. How is that sticking to one thing, I count two. I must be too old to understand the new math. Finally you just showed us how little you know as it took you 4 days to find a missing governor spring. If you wouldn’t ASSUME you know how things work, but actually did, you would have found the problem last Wednesday. I said the ball is in your court, but it seems you can’t get into the game.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
What gets me is that he says it is governor spring that lowers the rpm when all governor systems that I know of the spring increases the rpm.

Rivets you got to remember 1 + 1 does equal 2 or more. I have heard of rare cases where it equals 8.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yes Star you are correct, my understanding of arithmetic is fading due to my age. He’s probably out following social distancing rules by doing one timers, as you do them once and never get close again. Oh by the way I’ve still got that one kid on the BBQ spit, only getting tougher, any ideas on how to tenderize them.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
My lord if he been on there all this time you are making jerky or shoe leather. I always brine my kids so have more mositure while roasting them or they will dry out too much.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Well the main problem with this one is they keep jumping around. I can’t control them no matter which method I try. Maybe I should get really upset with them and stick a fork in them and call it done. Being an instructor I can’t do that, so I guess I’ll try turning up the heat.

logert gogert

Threads
He’s probably out following social distancing rules by doing one timers, as you do them once and never get close again.
who ever said i was following those rules?

logert gogert

Threads
Finally you just showed us how little you know as it took you 4 days to find a missing governor spring.
well, technically it did take 4 days, but that dosent mean i was trying to find the issue for 4 days, i was actually only out there for 2 days, and also, people make small mistakes like what i did, some people forget to put gas in the tank then try to wonder and take 2 hrs trying to fix it when all it needs is gas in the tank, and some people try to fix an issue on why there mower starter won't spin and the reason for that could be something simple like there foot wasn't on the brake

but this time for ME my issue was something simple like a loose gov spring........oops, people make small mistakes like that all the time.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
What ever makes you feel good and comfortable. We now know how you operate and count.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I wonder if Logan knows how 1 + 1 can equal two or more. Or if doesn't he will find out soon. :p

logert gogert

Threads
I wonder if Logan knows how 1 + 1 can equal two or more. Or if doesn't he will find out soon. :p
1+1 ?
OOOHHH...THATS EASY....1 + 1 = 7 ...........right?
i mean...after all i am the village idiot:LOL::ROFLMAO: