Engine doesn't start right.

LaWn GuY

Threads
While it's in starting position it it will stop make metal on metal sound then continue starting and fire right up. I've replaced starter same thing. When u turn flywheel by hand it clicks. Runs fine just start's weird.

13 HP Tecumseh

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
While it's in starting position it it will stop make metal on metal sound then continue starting and fire right up. I've replaced starter same thing. When u turn flywheel by hand it clicks. Runs fine just start's weird.

13 HP Tecumseh

Tell us the complete story behind this, and it will help. "Like I just bought this tractor at an auction", and, etc....
Also put up the complete model/spec/serial numbers off of the engine, as well as the part number of the starter you replaced
it with. Also, take a peek at the teeth on the flywheel, and see how bad they look.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Good question!!!! I need to get my post count up a bit too!!!!

LaWn GuY

Threads
It's a Tecumseh 13 HP. I went inside for about 5 min and came back it wouldn't start. It turned over sounded like something was slamming Into something waited 10 min it took awhile to start but did start and ran perfectly fine when I got done turned It off to see If It would start and It did the same thing turn stop turn stop while making metal slamming sound. Waited another 10 min and did same thing but finally cached and started and ran fine. When u try to turn flywheel by hand it turn some then u have to put all u got Into It for It to turn It's like It's on a spring but It finally does turn all the way. And It clicks when u turn It by hand. I adjusted the valves and It's still doing the same thing.

It's about 12 years old runs fine when started but have's trouble starting.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
It's a Tecumseh 13 HP. I went inside for about 5 min and came back it wouldn't start. It turned over sounded like something was slamming Into something waited 10 min it took awhile to start but did start and ran perfectly fine when I got done turned It off to see If It would start and It did the same thing turn stop turn stop while making metal slamming sound. Waited another 10 min and did same thing but finally cached and started and ran fine. When u try to turn flywheel by hand it turn some then u have to put all u got Into It for It to turn It's like It's on a spring but It finally does turn all the way. And It clicks when u turn It by hand. I adjusted the valves and It's still doing the same thing.

It's about 12 years old runs fine when started but have's trouble starting.

my tecumseh 13 hp ohv mower is hard to start it seems like - JustAnswer Read this page and see if this helps.

LaWn GuY

Threads
I put both valves at .004 and now It's surging and stalls. It starts back up and stalls again. And when u turn the flywheel something rattles internally and in some spots It's really hard to turn. And It gets hotter more than usual.

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
yeah, well you "replaced" this starter? Why???

LaWn GuY

Threads
Because the old one stopped working.