Engine cut out; found broken wire on carb connector?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
  • / Engine cut out; found broken wire on carb connector?
well my experience is that the wires will not stay in place and short together without the housing. Although, if the terminal is fully insulated and the wires zip to the solenoid that might work.

As for the fuse where on the mower is it located. And if on the mower will need its model number. I haven't seen a circuit board on the engine yet but who knows one might have been recently by the engine OEM.

goltho

Forum Newbie
Threads
well my experience is that the wires will not stay in place and short together without the housing. Although, if the terminal is fully insulated and the wires zip to the solenoid that might work.

As for the fuse where on the mower is it located. And if on the mower will need its model number. I haven't seen a circuit board on the engine yet but who knows one might have been recently by the engine OEM.

The PCB is fixed to the firewall above the fuel tank and has the LED dash lights and all other components on it, including the fuse. I've managed to read the fuse ID markings (6.3A 250V "T" type, 20mm) and have ordered one along with the connector pin.

goltho

Forum Newbie
Threads
To update, the connector pins and fuse arrived today. I ended up discarding the original connector as I didn't want to spend £25/$25 on a use-once removal tool. I soldered the disconnected +12V and the existing -12V ground wire to two new pins, heat-shrunk them, then sleeved both wires with heat shrink, then sleeved that heat shrink with a heat-resistant sleeve. The pins slid on the valve pins nice & firmly. Fuse replaced, fired her up, good to go! Grass cut.?

Thanks so much again for the input which made this job a nice learning experience and a quick fix. ?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
To update, the connector pins and fuse arrived today. I ended up discarding the original connector as I didn't want to spend £25/$25 on a use-once removal tool. I soldered the disconnected +12V and the existing -12V ground wire to two new pins, heat-shrunk them, then sleeved both wires with heat shrink, then sleeved that heat shrink with a heat-resistant sleeve. The pins slid on the valve pins nice & firmly. Fuse replaced, fired her up, good to go! Grass cut.?

Thanks so much again for the input which made this job a nice learning experience and a quick fix. ?
But the housing itself was only 0.25 usd which would have been a better choice. The tool was offered in case you were a shop.

Joed756

Threads
Am I looking t the photo correctly? You're doing this work in your house?