Export thread

Engine bad, need to repower

J

JASTECH

I have a Brute lawnmower BTPV22675E. Wouldn't start, so I thought tune up time. New plug, air filter and fuel filter, nope. Then replaced coil, nothing, replaced carb, started and smoked then died, never starting again. I'm disabled and single parent so can't afford to replace part after part. Looking for an "upgrade" engine. I have to mow some thick stuff, I push mow without self propelled. It takes a lot of oxygen bottles but has to be done. My other lawnmower is our Frankenstein, it has a rototiller engine on it. Well the city employee forgot to close the metal lid on water meter, yes, I hit it. Destroyed blade and blade adapter, shook real bad, slow pull on starting rope sounds like very bad disc brakes.

Attachments

Mower King

Mower King

That's too much and too tall of grass for a rider.....much less a push mower!

H

hlw49

You can probably buy a new push mower cheaper than a new engine. Wish I you lived here I would help you out.

J

JASTECH

Can't afford a tractor. I have a John Deere F710, bought it at auction, so needs work I can't afford either. So, it leaves me pushing a mower. The city said over 10" you get fined. We've had a lot of chickens for the eggs, we ate eggs and sold extra for animal feed and utilities. Most my animals have been poisoned, shot and stolen. So my son started a gofundme for security cameras, fencing and labor.

J

JASTECH

You can probably buy a new push mower cheaper than a new engine. Wish I you lived here I would help you out.
Found a Kohler 850 series for $235 shipped, messaged company to ask if it'll fit, no reply.

J

JASTECH

Go to the imgur link and you can see what we've been through so far. Many photos not uploaded.

J

JASTECH

I also sent message to Billy Goat and Swisher for help, no response yet. I have about 3 acres to mow plus my front and back yard.

J

JASTECH

I don't know what fits the Brute deck. Thinking Kohler would be a better engine for it? I have commercial Max Power blades for my mowers.

J

JASTECH

I don't know what fits the Brute deck. Thinking Kohler would be a better engine for it? I have commercial Max Power blades for my mowers.
Thanks, been there. I'll try to find what the mount and shaft is on the Brute. Then look for a match that's an upgrade, still can't seem to find the specs.

B

bertsmobile1

I have cut longer thicker grass than that with the Victa 18" but you have to tie the discharge chute up out of the way because the volume of grass chokes the deck in the first 3 foot.

J

JASTECH

Downloaded another manual. It reads:
126T05-4678-B3. B&S, 675 Series, ES, X, B3 for the engine. Does anyone know what engine would mount the same, use same blade but be an upgrade? TIA

J

JASTECH

Is this the crankshaft specs that need to be the same as replacement engine?

Attachments

J

JASTECH

Just checked and crankshaft is the same I think?

Attachments

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

126T05-4678-B3 is replaced by 126L075662 which has a

25-MM Diameter by 3-5/32-Inch Length Crankshaft​

so it looks like a 25MM with 3 5/32 is what you need.
if you want to find something cheaper, look at small engine wharehouse, and you can filter your results by selecting, Recoil start, and Crankshaft Length and Diameter.

J

JASTECH

126T05-4678-B3 is replaced by 126L075662 which has a

25-MM Diameter by 3-5/32-Inch Length Crankshaft​

so it looks like a 25MM with 3 5/32 is what you need.
if you want to find something cheaper, look at small engine wharehouse, and you can filter your results by selecting, Recoil start, and Crankshaft Length and Diameter.
I sent them an email to fund out if that 10tp will work.

J

JASTECH

They replied:Thank you for the information regarding your engine. Unfortunately the information provided does not register as a valid model by the manufacturer. Please check and resubmit with the complete model and type number.
So I sent them this photo.

Attachments

G

Gregory5

Charlie8d

Charlie8d

Borrow a cow or some goats, to tie up in that area !!

J

JASTECH

Thanks, just checked, they only have the larger engines for riders.

J

JASTECH

Borrow a cow or some goats, to tie up in that area !!
Down to 1 goat, dogs from town killed the others. The one remaining has been attacked 2 times.

Attachments

dougand3

dougand3

New plug, air filter and fuel filter, nope. Then replaced coil, nothing, replaced carb, started and smoked then died
You've done all that - so you have skills. Look on FB mktplace and craigslist for a non-runner that just needs a carb cleaning or replacement.

J

JASTECH

You've done all that - so you have skills. Look on FB mktplace and craigslist for a non-runner that just needs a carb cleaning or replacement.
A member here has offered to fix my rider. I don't know if it'll work out, he's a ways from me and I haven't sold the JD 925 parts only for the money to pay for repairs on my JD F710. I'm afraid I'll just destroy the push mowers trying to mow the 3 acres, not sure when the city will start pushing fines. I have 3 push mowers down right now. I know they aren't made to do what I'm asking them to do.

J

JASTECH

Here is another I have that I mowed over the water meter iron lid that was up after the city read the meter. The original engine was shot so a rototiller engine was bolted in place, for which I mowed the meter lid with. This engine is now shot, city said "how do you know we forgot to close the lid?"

Attachments

J

JASTECH

Here are photos of the riders. I was told the 3 with engines all run. I replaced the fuel pump in the F710 in first photo. The other F710 for parts for first one. The F925 has two decks that go with it. The smaller rider is gas too but has a radiator? I bought them at auction as this was my budget. Need to sell F925 and the 2 decks that go with it, also the small rider in last photo. Anyone know what they are worth? I hope enough to fix F710. TIA

Attachments

GentlemanFahmah

GentlemanFahmah

Man Jastech, you're a glutton for punishment. Why is the bagger on that mower with 4' high grass? Are you mowing just a pathway, or are you trying to knock down the whole area? You can push a (running and working) mower while holding it up angled at the front by pushing down on the handle while pushing in thick grass like that and that will help to clear all that mulch from the deck. Also the tip about tying up or even removing the scatter guard to clear cuttings is good. I've had to mow pathways like that that only get cleared once or twice a season and it is doable, but very slow going. Adding an Oregon G5 mulching blade will also help. It is what it is.

M

Mikelk

I have a Brute lawnmower BTPV22675E. Wouldn't start, so I thought tune up time. New plug, air filter and fuel filter, nope. Then replaced coil, nothing, replaced carb, started and smoked then died, never starting again. I'm disabled and single parent so can't afford to replace part after part. Looking for an "upgrade" engine. I have to mow some thick stuff, I push mow without self propelled. It takes a lot of oxygen bottles but has to be done. My other lawnmower is our Frankenstein, it has a rototiller engine on it. Well the city employee forgot to close the metal lid on water meter, yes, I hit it. Destroyed blade and blade adapter, shook real bad, slow pull on starting rope sounds like very bad disc brakes.
Where are you located?

S

spanky324

Try Harbor Freight Predator engines thet go on sale alot!

R

Ronni

I did some checking about the engine for your Brute lawnmower. According to PartsTree.com, They say that according to Briggs and Stratton, the correct replacement engine would be a 126L07-5662. You might be able to find a used one for that part number if you cannot afford a new one like from PartsTree.com.

J

JASTECH

Where are you located?
Moran, Texas

J

JASTECH

Try Harbor Freight Predator engines thet go on sale alot!
Are they any good? Seems for the same price per HP I can get a Briggs from direct source online.

J

JASTECH

I did some checking about the engine for your Brute lawnmower. According to PartsTree.com, They say that according to Briggs and Stratton, the correct replacement engine would be a 126L07-5662. You might be able to find a used one for that part number if you cannot afford a new one like from PartsTree.com.
I was hoping to get a upgrade for it do to what I have to cut. Thinking if adding taller wheels so it can get over easier.

J

JASTECH

Man Jastech, you're a glutton for punishment. Why is the bagger on that mower with 4' high grass? Are you mowing just a pathway, or are you trying to knock down the whole area? You can push a (running and working) mower while holding it up angled at the front by pushing down on the handle while pushing in thick grass like that and that will help to clear all that mulch from the deck. Also the tip about tying up or even removing the scatter guard to clear cuttings is good. I've had to mow pathways like that that only get cleared once or twice a season and it is doable, but very slow going. Adding an Oregon G5 mulching blade will also help. It is what it is.
I've had surgery on both shoulders, they want to do my right shoulder again. After 2nd surgery from my accident I went code, my son was 3, woke up in ICU, my wife abandoned us 6 months later. There are still 6 surgeries pending, I won't take the chance, need to raise my son and get this place done so he has something to come to if needed and we can survive with chickens, ducks, goats and a few raised garden beds I plan to build. I do a bag for the chickens, after that I switch to mulch. But think I'm killing my last mower over working it and me, lop..lots of pain.

I

ILENGINE

126L07-5662 superceded to 126M07-5661-F1 which is not longer available, and Briggs doesn't list a replacement engine. Mostly due to the fact that all the engines listed are L head, and would need to be replaced with a OHV matching the crankshaft specs of the original engine.

Dicks mower parts

Dicks mower parts

Can't afford a tractor. I have a John Deere F710, bought it at auction, so needs work I can't afford either. So, it leaves me pushing a mower. The city said over 10" you get fined. We've had a lot of chickens for the eggs, we ate eggs and sold extra for animal feed and utilities. Most my animals have been poisoned, shot and stolen. So my son started a gofundme for security cameras, fencing and la

Dicks mower parts

Dicks mower parts

Where do you live , I live in Orion and should have a engine that would fit ,I have many

S

Stokdgs

It looks like he is northeast of Abilene, off of 183 or 283, and south of Interstate 20..

J

JASTECH

Where do you live , I live in Orion and should have a engine that would fit ,I have many
Moran, Texas

J

JASTECH

Been here 3.5 years, figured out where 283 & 20 is, Lol. There's a Loves truck stop there.

J

JASTECH

I would try to pay you what you need for a couple stronger engines that will fit these decks. I have chicken eggs to trade too if that helps?

J

JASTECH

The 3rd one I'll get photo of tag tomorrow. It was raining a lot a few ago. So everything is going to grow more, seems like a uphill battle.

Attachments

J

JASTECH

This is the blade I've started buying, replacing OEM blade.

Attachments

J

JASTECH

Sorry, didn't get photo of other mower deck tag, it was pouring rain again.

M

Mikelk

Moran, Texas
Thanks, I am in Ohio and thought you were local to me. So I’m no help. Sorry

J

JASTECH

Thanks, I am in Ohio and thought you were local to me. So I’m no help. Sorry
No problem, I appreciate the thought. We'll keep trying to move forward one step at a time.

S

slomo

Here is another I have that I mowed over the water meter iron lid that was up after the city read the meter. The original engine was shot so a rototiller engine was bolted in place, for which I mowed the meter lid with. This engine is now shot, city said "how do you know we forgot to close the lid?"
The wise old timers would walk the yard prior to mowing. Looking for chains, barbed wire, water meter covers and the like.

J

JASTECH

The wise old timers would walk the yard prior to mowing. Looking for chains, barbed wire, water meter covers and the like.
I didn't expect it to be up, been mowing it for 3.5 years and with the extra rain the grass was a lot higher. But that doesn't help mowing the rest of the acres. Maybe switch to those blades that pivot when they hit something they can't cut? Anyone try them? I still need 2 or 3 engines either way.

J

JASTECH

S

slomo

Hope you have a hoss engine. Engine will drink a lot more fuel with those blades. It will bog down much easier in tall grass.

Little walking isn't going to kill you. Check your water meter cover while you are at it LOL.

J

JASTECH

Here's the 3rd mower. Engine getting tired and not strong enough for the thick stuff. Ordered new air filter and carb for it, but 4.5 HP isn't enough.

Attachments

J

JASTECH

Hope you have a hoss engine. Engine will drink a lot more fuel with those blades. It will bog down much easier in tall grass.

Little walking isn't going to kill you. Check your water meter cover while you are at it LOL.
Agreed, I should have walked it, but never an issue before. I just start mowing until I'm gasping, then stop, go in the house get a drink and hook up another oxygen tank, sit for a few minutes then walk out and start mowing again. I'm not lazy slomo, just have a few health issues that make it rather difficult to complete what needs to be done. OK, good to know on those type of blades, thought they would cut the big stuff better and not get damaged if they struck something. My acres are travelled by scrap runners, so they tend to lose things off their trailer or those that take stuff to burn drive across my land. Yes, a fence, that'll take a pretty penny or 2. So, again, I'm trying to do what I can with what I have. Just had cross ties stolen a couple days ago. I've had a lot stolen, poisoned and dog shot, I can't afford to move! My dogs fired up when they buy/sell their drugs on my land, so they poisoned 4 dogs and shot another in the head. I had to take out a loan to help my dog. So you see, I have a full plate. I can't afford all this mess on disability! It's not right, but I have to deal with it along with my son who's still in school.

Attachments

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

might call around local junk places and see if they'd buy them off you. and if its enough put the $$ towards a good used riding mower

S

slomo

Didn't know you had health issues. Maybe mow slower and look for man hole covers.

J

JASTECH

might call around local junk places and see if they'd buy them off you. and if its enough put the $$ towards a good used riding mower
When they get rid of "good" used riders out here, they are worn out. Smoking badly, blades bent, spindles fried and engine weak. Most out here don't take care of them. Talked to my mom, she said
when their house is sold which should be soon, that my dad "81" won't need his JD 130, so the will sell it and send me the money to put on a rider or get my F710 fixed. My F710 has a Kawasaki engine.

J

JASTECH

Didn't know you had health issues. Maybe mow slower and look for man hole covers.
NP, Well the City was supposed to install the water meter in the ally instead of my back yard. Now they're talking about installing it across the street from the front of my house, so it'll be up to me to have piping done that I can't afford.

J

JASTECH

Sorry haven't been on, brakes in my diesel truck stopped working, checked with gauge, zero vacuum.

Attachments

grassmann

grassmann

J

JASTECH

Grassman, what does Albert King have to do with my post?

grassmann

grassmann

"If it wasn't for bad luck...I wouldn't have no luck at all" seems appropriate for this whole thread.

J

JASTECH

"If it wasn't for bad luck...I wouldn't have no luck at all" seems appropriate for this whole thread.
Ah, OK, was in a different mind set, sorry. Indeed, another branch broken on one of my Catalpa trees out front. Motion detection light was on when I came down stairs, seen light under front door. So had a visitor that must of ran off and went over my little tree. We are down to 3 ducklings in back yard. No fence yet, almost enough money for the DVR, then next is cameras, CAT6, RJ45 connectors and tool. I'll hook it up to a battery backup with large AGM truck battery.