engine 128602-0215-E1 (craftsman 917378781

Rleveroni

Forum Newbie
I had to replaced the crankshaft and the flywheel and now the mower does not start. I am usually very handy with motors but this time I cannot figured out why the mower wont start, I have check the spark and make sure that the carburetor is clean but does not start.
Any ideas?
 
Either you didn't get the timing marks lined up on the crankshaft/camshaft, or possibly the flywheel sheared after assembly, due to improper torque.
 
Either you didn't get the timing marks lined up on the crankshaft/camshaft, or possibly the flywheel sheared after assembly, due to improper torque.

I did follow the service manual for the crankshaft and camshaft timing marks, I did make sure when I rotate the crankshaft the camshaft will move accordingly.

Followed the specs for torque 100lbs.
 
Either you didn't get the timing marks lined up on the crankshaft/camshaft, or possibly the flywheel sheared after assembly, due to improper torque.


ILENGINE,

I was able to start the engine today, but I have a problem with the RPM's, it seems to me that it running way to high, I don't a a tachometer but I can hear the engine just reeving way too high. I was looking at the service manual but is not really clear for me how to resolve this problem.
 
ILENGINE,Amazon.com : Briggs & Stratton 19200 Tachometer : Lawn And Garden Tool Replacement Parts : Patio, Lawn & Garden

I was able to start the engine today, but I have a problem with the RPM's, it seems to me that it running way to high, I don't a a tachometer but I can hear the engine just reeving way too high. I was looking at the service manual but is not really clear for me how to resolve this problem.

Lawn Mower Parts, Small Engine Parts & Much More! | PartsTree.com - Briggs, MTD, Toro, Cub Cadet, Husqvarna, Troy-bilt... You probably have this information for your engine.

Adjusting the Governor | Mower Maintenance | Briggs & Stratton FAQhttps://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=b%26s%20rpm%20gauge
 
Back
Top