Electrical Issue, no start, no spark GX340 max, custom mower

MulePacker

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Electrical Issue, no start, no spark GX340 max, custom mower
Hello,
I have a honda GX340Max 11hp Motor. I tried to change the ignition switch because it wasnt working. I could get the motor to run when the old ignition switch was installed, when I tried to hook a new one up, it will no longer fire. I have no spark currently. the wiring diagrams are kind of confusion... All I want is a on off switch, and a starter button. Please help!

IMG_20170410_192815966.jpg

IMG_20170410_192823987.jpg

IMG_20170410_192852054.jpg

IMG_20170410_192804268.jpg

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Do you have the correct ignition switch for your engine. the older engines were open to run, meaning no continuity from module to ground in the on position. the new engines use close to run.

MulePacker

Forum Newbie
Threads
Not sure. I am just trying to start it right now, without the ignition switch..
Cant seem to get spark, it was running though before I tried to change ignitions...

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Not sure. I am just trying to start it right now, without the ignition switch..
Cant seem to get spark, it was running though before I tried to change ignitions...

Check the kill wire that goes to the magneto.If you wired it up wrong or the switch was wrong there is a good chance you sent 12V battery power down the kill wire & fried the ignition control module in the coil.
Remove the kill wire the crank the engine , no spark = dead module.
So many people pull a car ignition switch out of an old bomb and shove it in their mower because they don't want to spend $ 30 on a real mower switch then blow a $ 100 module in the process it is not funny.
Google "Briggs & Stratton Engine Alternator Replacement Guide ".
While this is B&S publication it contains a pile of general mower wiring diagrams and ignition switchs
All mowers are basically wired the same and almost any mower ignition switch will work with any engine.

panabiker

Threads
Is this really a mower? Looks like a compressor.