Electric clutch ZT ELITE

JHerndon17

Forum Newbie
Threads
I purchased a 2018 ZT ELITE in April of 2018. The mower has been a great mower I have maintained it very well still looks new. Recently I was mowing my yard and the blades disengaged as if you shut the pto off. I pressed the electric pto switch into the off position and then back on and the blades came back on for a brief second. After that I couldn’t get it to do anything I checked to see if a belt had been thrown off but it hadn’t. I feel like the problem is either in the pto switch or the clutch assembly. I’m leaning more towards the clutch because it is making a fluttering sound. The dealer I bought it new from isn’t being very helpful due to it being 3 months out of warranty. It only has 117hours on the mower. Has anyone had a similar issue? Thanks in advance.

Mower King

Threads
I purchased a 2018 ZT ELITE in April of 2018. The mower has been a great mower I have maintained it very well still looks new. Recently I was mowing my yard and the blades disengaged as if you shut the pto off. I pressed the electric pto switch into the off position and then back on and the blades came back on for a brief second. After that I couldn’t get it to do anything I checked to see if a belt had been thrown off but it hadn’t. I feel like the problem is either in the pto switch or the clutch assembly. I’m leaning more towards the clutch because it is making a fluttering sound. The dealer I bought it new from isn’t being very helpful due to it being 3 months out of warranty. It only has 117hours on the mower. Has anyone had a similar issue? Thanks in advance.
It is most likely the PTO switch....but if the Clutch is bad or going bad, it will burn out a new PTO switch within a few minutes. The dealer you bought it from should at least check it out for you....even if they won't warranty it. The clutch has a resistance that is measured to see if it is bad.

Last edited:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Only 3 months out of warranty and the dealer is no help? Not a very good dealer. I would politely contact BadBoy directly with your problem to see if they will help you out. Second, I would be looking for a new dealer. Here is a phone number. https://www.badboymowers.com/interact/contact-us

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Question. Did you even bother to register the mower within 30 days of the purchase? IF you didn't there was no warranty to start with per their 2018 warranty.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you still have the original invoice all is not lost, even if it was not registered. Many times I have been able to work with customers and companies when I can prove date of purchase. All depends on how you try working with them.

Pat Gross

Forum Newbie
Threads
It is most likely the PTO switch....but if the Clutch is bad or going bad, it will burn out a new PTO switch within a few minutes. The dealer you bought it from should at least check it out for you....even if they won't warranty it. The clutch has a resistance that is measured to see if it is bad.
I have a ZT élite. The warranty is 2 years or 200 hours. If the dealer runs you around, call the factory.

Oldandugly

Forum Newbie
Threads
Try replaceing fuse under control panel. 10 amp I think