Electric Clutch Question

KiltedOne

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2005 Husqvarna YTH2448 (model 96013000700) that recently had a major belt break and tangle the wiring to the electric clutch, ripping it out completely. I just received my new clutch, but the wiring connector is totally different, though part number for the clutch is correct. I was informed to remove the connector from my old clutch and use it, but the mishap totally ruined the wiring to include the old connector. Can I just create my own connector using something like the molex connectors found on computer wiring and if so, is there a polarity for the clutch? Both wires coming from it are the same color, so not sure if polarity matters or if it is a just a matter of energizing the clutch.

Second question, when reinstalling the clutch onto the motor shaft, does it matter which hole the anti-rotation bracket fits in to orient the clutch?

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
There is no wiring polarity, and as long as it doesn't rotate you are good.

KiltedOne

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you for such a quick reply ILENGINE! Going out to put it on now as grass hasn't been mowed in close to a month due to rains, and then the belt/clutch issue. Needless to say, it is going to take several incremental passes to get it where it out to be. :laughing:

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Burnish new clutch by engaging PTO on for 10 seconds, off for 20 seconds, back on for 10 seconds, off for 20 seconds, do this several times.