Echo was working but suddenly no more

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
The primer only removes excess from carburetor metering chamber along some surplus fuel. Now when metering diaphragm has stiffen, metering needle valve worn, or the main nozzle check valve is defective then you get flooding but would have to replaced in order to resolve the flooding.

I had offered to provide the carburetor tuning instructions but you have fail to post the equipment model number so I am assuming you want to keep us in the dark so I stepping out of this thread. Beside if the carb still has EPA plugs you would need the 2.5mm extraction tool (3 mm if the plugs are damaged).

And members please stop cocking attitudes. Even I get annoyed at those that asking for help but not willing to provide info needed and those that post unnecessary comments so I usually just bow out without posting nasty comments.

Besides this time of the year for me is the start of the busy season. Right now I got a full work in my shop; already getting backlogged so I will be spending a lot less time on the forum.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Boys, lets act like men....

Have you taken the muffler off and inspected the cylinder to be sure there is no scoring of the piston or cylinder wall?
Agree.

And if the compression is at 100 psi or less then PNC is shot. And engine will not start. Must use compression gauge for small engines to test this. You can't go by feel.

PNC = Piston aNd Cylinder

juntjoo

Threads
Quick update: started on first pull this morning. Got lucky on this one. So it must have just been water(fuel/oil) logged as this vid suggested

Works like it did recently not perfect but with a liI playing with the adjustment screw can get the job done by will make sure my fuel/oil mix is 50:1 for sure from now on.

@StarTech I did say it was an echo 225. And I still don't understand how tuning it would get it to start after I'd already tried starting it with the adjustment screw in all positions. Could you tell me basically what the tune up procedures are for these if it's any more that playing with that screw?

I'm only in here to learn but my brain doesn't take instruction well, just explanation mostly. And my focus is on basic operation cuz if I don't get what's going on you'll see me again too soon.

Turns out it was just flooded. But I would like to know the tune procedure if there is more to it than just adjusting the screw. Is there something else to adjust?

Last edited:

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
So you did in post #11 which is in the middle of the second page.

1710870289483.png
* is 2.5 mm wide flat screwdriver.

juntjoo

Threads

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
1710880213104.png
And don't remove the rotary barrel unless you are very careful as there is a tiny roller that is easily lost. Item #2.