Echo Trimmers

smitts961

Threads
I'm looking into buying an Echo SRM-225. I was wondering if anyone knows where they are made? Also, how would this compare against the Stihl FS-90? Thanks for replies

marcs odd jobs

Forum Newbie
Threads
You can buy it at home depot Echo SRM-225 but comparing them is apples to oranges and it depends on torque needed for attachments or if your not going the attachment route that is also a decision that will need to be thought about too.
you will also need to look into warranties on both units and what there offering.
Dont forget to see what unit requires more maintenance.
Dont forget Witch one is easier on your body to use

i hope there is an answer in here for you.

Team Odd Jobs

Threads
I'm looking into buying an Echo SRM-225. I was wondering if anyone knows where they are made? Also, how would this compare against the Stihl FS-90? Thanks for replies

I don't know for certain where Echo trimmers are made, but I do know that I looked at my SRM-225 and it says "ASSEMBLED in USA". If you look on the Echo website it says it's headquarters is in Illinois. But the name of the corporation on the trimmer head itself sounds like it is in China or something. :rolleyes:

Company History, Technology Firsts, Outdoor Power Equipment Leader | ECHO USA

1.JPG

MowerMike

Threads
I don't know for certain where Echo trimmers are made, but I do know that I looked at my SRM-225 and it says "ASSEMBLED in USA". If you look on the Echo website it says it's headquarters is in Illinois. But the name of the corporation on the trimmer head itself sounds like it is in China or something. :rolleyes:

Company History, Technology Firsts, Outdoor Power Equipment Leader | ECHO USA

View attachment 14155

First of all, Echo products are made by Yamabiko, Corp. which is located in Japan and is a Japanese company. Echo used to be made by Kioritz Corp, which merged into Yamabiko. They are also sold under the Shindaiwa brand name, which is owned by Yamabiko. They are mostly assembled in the USA, however, a few of the lower end products such as the Echo PE-225 are assembled in the PRC (China). The engine short blocks are all made in Japan.

Threads
First of all, Echo products are made by Yamabiko, Corp. which is located in Japan and is a Japanese company. Echo used to be made by Kioritz Corp, which merged into Yamabiko. They are also sold under the Shindaiwa brand name, which is owned by Yamabiko. They are mostly assembled in the USA, however, a few of the lower end products such as the Echo PE-225 are assembled in the PRC (China). The engine short blocks are all made in Japan.

Thanks for the clarification! :smile: