Echo trimmer bumphead

Natureboy

Threads
I have an Echo SRM2110 that I have been using for about the last ten years-still running strong. The dual line feeder head part that holds the string is stretching out and breaking the last hole. This is only the second one I have gone through in all that time, so they do hold up well. I have gone to 2 Echo dealers for replacement, not minding if I had to buy the whole head. They tell me that the only one now available is the one that takes short sections of line, that you constantly have to reload. :thumbdown: This is a big PITA when I'm trimming along dog kennels as the chain link fence chews up the string in no time. Does anyone know of a source for the old style bumpheads that you can load about 30' on? Thanks in advance for any help.

Sprinkler Buddy

Threads
Try Amazon or EBAY, I bet you'll find one. Look around on there and get the best price with the lowest shipping cost.

jimrs

Threads
That makes no sense I just bought a new Echo trimmer and models had three different heads. One was the push a piece into the head about a foot long, the other was something weird I don't remember the thing. The third one I looked at had the same head as the 12 year old one I had at the time. I bought the third one with the load a bunch of string and bump it on the ground and feed more line. They still offer it so that is what I bought. I also trim around a chainlink fence and did not want to put on a new line every 6 feet. Now I remember it was take a piece of line 20 feet long and wind it up with a knob built on the head. I got the manual wind one as that is what I was using for the last 12 years.

Natureboy

Threads
I have no idea why 2 Echo dealers told me its not available. I did go look at Amazon and found one made by a different company that fits my model. Ordered 2. Thanks for the help.