echo srm 225 problem

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Well my echo has its first problem it won't idle. I adjusted idle screw but if you don't hold the throttle it will slowly just die. It takes about a minute of not holding it but it will work on slow and high just can't let it sit. Any ideas?

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Well my echo has its first problem it won't idle. I adjusted idle screw but if you don't hold the throttle it will slowly just die. It takes about a minute of not holding it but it will work on slow and high just can't let it sit. Any ideas?

Can I ask why you need it to idle for more than a min?
I know you know that it is not good for it to sit and idle.

Dies it die when your walk from one tree to the next?

(( cowboy up and get over it ))

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Can I ask why you need it to idle for more than a min?
I know you know that it is not good for it to sit and idle.

Dies it die when your walk from one tree to the next?

Just timed it took 15 seconds from full throttle letting go. Yes it dies from one section to next unless I run it. I realize I am not supposed to let it idle and that's why its not a big deal I'm still using it however I also know it would idle forever a couple days ago so something is definately not right.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Just timed it took 15 seconds from full throttle letting go. Yes it dies from one section to next unless I run it. I realize I am not supposed to let it idle and that's why its not a big deal I'm still using it however I also know it would idle forever a couple days ago so something is definately not right.

You can adjust the low speed adjustment on the carb. But that's really not a fix. I am thinking you picked up some trash maybe time for some sea foam.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

Have you replaced the air filter, spark plug, gas filter and cleaned the spark arresting screen??

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Have you replaced the air filter, spark plug, gas filter and cleaned the spark arresting screen??

I replaced air filtergas filter breather cap thingy all this last winter and the plug I replaced about 2 months ago as for the spark arrester I removed that.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I replaced air filtergas filter breather cap thingy all this last winter and the plug I replaced about 2 months ago as for the spark arrester I removed that.

Try taking out the spark plug and clean it up with a little sand paper and check the gap. Look at the plug and see how it's running, is it oily or light brown etc. Something else you may want to consider maybe a carb kit I think there only like $10 or so and you should be able to install it yourself.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I second the carb kit.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
They are going for around $40 on eBay for new ones.