echo srm-225 high speed help

sthrnarmy

Forum Newbie
my echo idle great purrs but when I start gitting on the throttle it stalls. I cleaned and rebuilt the carb which is why it even starts up now. im thinking its the high speed jet that needs adjusting but my problem is I don't know how to adjust it to git it run wide open to tune it in. if that makes since.
 
my echo idle great purrs but when I start gitting on the throttle it stalls. I cleaned and rebuilt the carb which is why it even starts up now. im thinking its the high speed jet that needs adjusting but my problem is I don't know how to adjust it to git it run wide open to tune it in. if that makes since.

So it wouldn't even start until you went through the carb the first time?????
 
sthrnarmysh;129565]So it wouldn't even start until you went through the carb the first time?????[/QUOTE]

Yes sir. It would run at all then I cleaned the carb put new diaphragm and gaskets it and now it idle great. So I thought the hig speed jet might help and it did but now it's only full throttle on choke
 
Check the exhaust it could be clogged up with carbon

Take off the shrouds, take spark plug out, take muffler off, shine light into exhaust hole pull starter untill you can barely see the piston. Take a small flathead screw driver carefully scrape carbon out take compressed air blow through spark plug hole and into exhaust hole mutiple times to make sure all carbon is out. Reassemble and let us know.
 
Back
Top