Echo srm-225 doesn't s5ay running.

Parker-John

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ive got an echo arm-225 and it will not stay running. I've tried adjusting the screw near the fuel lines and, the idle screw and still won't stay running. If anyone out there has had the same problem with the same unit. Let me know how you fixed the problem thank you

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Are you using Echo 2-cycle oil & high test gas, I use 93 octane gas in all outdoor power equipment with a quality brand fuel treatment. Echo recommends 89 octane minimum. You may want to replace fuel & air filters as well as spark plug. I think HD carries the tune up kit for your SRM225 Trimmer.

Read this:https://www.lawnmowerforum.com/threads/john-deere-fuel-treatment.56774/#post-343220

Last edited:

Honda Tech

Threads
Probably a plugged fuel filter. If it's erratic while running, look for a pin hole in your fuel line. Start there. Easy stuff.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I think actually you have carburetor problem as the metering diaphragms tends to become stiff on most cube carburetors, even these rotary barrel ones or may just have a plugged spark arrester on the muffler. Also if the spark arrester is partially the exhaust port maybe carbon up though I have only seen one in the last 5 years that had a carbon up exhaust port.

To know exactly which carburetor you have; although, it is probably a RB-K93 we will need the serial number of the trimmer. Also the SRM-225 comes in several versions. SRM-225, SRM-225i, SRM-225U, and SRM-225SB.

Also once the carburetor is repaired that you have been messing the adjustments it must be retuned