Echo Pe-200 stick edger

A_tank96

Threads
Hello all,

I saw this deal on craigslist. I have been looking for an edger to use in my business, and I'm wondering if this would work. It's an echo PE-200 I only have about 8 very small lawns to do, and everything is kept trimmed nicely.

Selling echo pe200 edger! NEED TO SELL

I don't know much about it yet, like age, use, residential or commercial, etc. Plan on getting it today.

Do any of you have this older model? Starting issues? Power? Suggestions?

A_tank96

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Hello all,

I saw this deal on craigslist. I have been looking for an edger to use in my business, and I'm wondering if this would work. It's an echo PE-200 I only have about 8 very small lawns to do, and everything is kept trimmed nicely.

I don't know much about it yet, like age, use, residential or commercial, etc. Plan on getting it today.

A_tank96

The PE-200 is a good edger, I used one for a couple of years when I first started my business, if the edger is in good shape it should do everything you need. Mine is six or seven years old and still runs. If you buy it I'd change the spark plug, gas filter, air filter and clean the spark arrestor, all cheap to do and it should run like a top.

X-man

Threads
Hello all,

A_tank96

Yeah that's a good edger. I've used one of those for about a year until I sold it.
It should be good for you as long as it is in good shape.

Threads
Hello all,

A_tank96

I have the newer Echo PE-225 edger. I haven't used it much yet, but it seems to work good if the ground is not super muddy. Maybe you could post pictures of it so we can see what condition it is in. :smile:

PE-200: PE-200 edger.jpg

PE-225: echo edger (2).jpg 1.jpg

***This user has the PE-200 edger.....maybe he talks about it in one of his posts: http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/members/browns-lawn-service.html.

A_tank96

Threads
I'm working on getting some pics, Ric, how do you clean the spark arrestor????

A_tank96

A_tank96

Threads
I think I'll lay off... I have to much other stuff that I have to pay for, like tires. ugh. Hey that's another thing. What tires would you guys reccomend for the back tires of a ztr? I've been looking at Carlisle turf masters...

A_tank96

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I'm working on getting some pics, Ric, how do you clean the spark arrestor????

A_tank96

The spark arrestor is located on the side of the muffler. Remove the spark plug lead from the plug. There will be four screws that retain or keep the Cover in place, two at the top of the recoil starter and two others on either side of the front remove those and you can remove the cover. On the side of the muffler you'll find the screen cover, remove the 5 screws and lift it and the gasket and don't worry it all fastens with screws so it goes back to together easy. Under the gasket you'll find a screen, clean it with a wire brush and reverse the process and put it back together. Trust me it a very simple process you wont have any problems. If the screen is broken or torn you can get a new one at the dealer there cheap.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I think I'll lay off... I have to much other stuff that I have to pay for, like tires. ugh. Hey that's another thing. What tires would you guys reccomend for the back tires of a ztr? I've been looking at Carlisle turf masters...

A_tank96

If your tires are worn out yes I'd buy new but seriously if your rear tires have good tread install some tubes it will save you a lot of money. The Carlisle Turf masters are good tires, I run those on the Cub Cadet and have never had any problems, I have over 600 hours on mine and they still look like there new.

A_tank96

Threads
I definitely need new ones. The tread on mine are so lo there's almost nothing there. And since the previous owner had chains on the tires for long periods of time, there are big nicks and notches as well. I was looking at Turf masters and turf savers. The ones on there now are kendas. Any thoughts?

A_tank96

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I definitely need new ones. The tread on mine are so lo there's almost nothing there. And since the previous owner had chains on the tires for long periods of time, there are big nicks and notches as well. I was looking at Turf masters and turf savers. The ones on there now are kendas. Any thoughts?

A_tank96

I like the turf masters I run then on all my riding mowers. Not sure how good they are on a ZTR.
On the golf course we run the turf savers filled with water.

Sent from my iPhone using LMF