Echo PB9010T bad fly wheel?

paulywally

Forum Newbie
Threads
I recently picked up an Echo PB-9010T backpack blower at a garage sale for a steal. 100 bucks.

I got it home and of course it didn't start but it was getting fuel which was surprising.

I diagnosed no spark, disconnected kill switch wire, still no spark.

I ordered up a new coil, it came in and I installed it, gapping it tight with a business card.

Still no spark. I tried various plugs, removed the spark plug boot and held the bare primary wire close to the aluminum block, nothing. I ran a jumper ground wire from the frame of the coil to the engine block, still nothing. I tried various different coil gaps. Nothing. I put the old coil back on and got the faintest of spark with the bare primary wire close to the block, I assume not enough to jump the gap of a spark plug.

I have never encountered it before but my mind is going to the flywheel. It did grab a screwdriver, but I wasn't paying attention to how far away it was. If the flywheel key was sheared it would still have spark just not at the correct timing.

I am kind of stumped and need some ideas.

On a side note does anyone know how, me not being the original purchaser works with ECHO warranty? I see a date where the model and serial number is of June 2021.

Thank you for any help or advice you can give.