Echo Pas-225vpb

A_tank96

Threads
About to pull the trigger on an Echo PAS-225vpb.

This is the combo with the PAS power head, blower, and trimmer. $300 Bucks from HD. I have a repair shop that I can service at, and I can do most of my service myself. I know stihl is probably the better machine, but considering it is over $430 dollars. Thoughts or Comments? Also what type of shaft is easier on a small man, curved or straight shaft?

Aaron

Threads
I think the Echo is a great machine! :thumbsup: I use my trimmer with the 225 powerhead commercially, and I also have the edger with the 225 powerhead, but I don't use it that often. Personally I like straight shaft. You can reach under things more, and it is what 99% of the commercial people use (but the reach is one of the reasons they do). I am around 6' tall, but I'm sure you would be fine with a straight shaft, also! :smile:

PAS-225VPB-1.jpg

A_tank96

Threads
I think the Echo is a great machine! :thumbsup: I use my trimmer with the 225 powerhead commercially, and I also have the edger with the 225 powerhead, but I don't use it that often. Personally I like straight shaft. You can reach under things more, and it is what 99% of the commercial people use (but the reach is one of the reasons they do). I am around 6' tall, but I'm sure you would be fine with a straight shaft, also! :smile:

PAS-225VPB-1.jpg

I did know that straight shafts have better power delivery, but i am only 5'4. I'm wondering if the straight shaft would be to tall for me to use.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
I did know that straight shafts have better power delivery, but i am only 5'4. I'm wondering if the straight shaft would be to tall for me to use.

My wife is 5'3 and loved her curved shaft. I hid it on her and she had to use the straight shaft now she says she will never go back to the curved

(( cowboy up and get over it ))

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
My wife is 5'3 and loved her curved shaft. I hid it on her and she had to use the straight shaft now she says she will never go back to the curved

Lol gotta get your point across. Now if I could get my wife to even touch a weedeater

A_tank96

Threads

That's perfect. Guess I'll be getting the straight shaft.

Aaron

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Lol gotta get your point across. Now if I could get my wife to even touch a weedeater
my wife does most of the trimming. She will help mow when we do big yards but she don't like mowing with a rider.
She will push mow all day

Threads
my wife does most of the trimming. She will help mow when we do big yards but she don't like mowing with a rider.
She will push mow all day

Sounds like me! :laughing: I will push mow all day but, well, I would also ride all day if I had a zero-turn! :wink: