ECHO BLOWER COMPARISON

Threads
I am looking into maybe getting an Echo backpack blower this winter. But from what I see on the website, I don't think I would be gaining much by getting one of the "beginner" ones (and I don't want to spend a lot of $$$$$) . I currently have an Echo PB-255LN handheld blower (see its specs here: ECHO PB-255 Easy Starting Low Noise Handheld Leaf Blower - ECHO USA | ECHO USA). I was looking at getting the PB-265L (ECHO PB-265L Low Noise Backpack Leaf Blower - ECHO USA | ECHO USA) or if necessary the PB-500H (ECHO PB-500H Emission-Compliant Hip-Mounted Throttle Backpack Leaf Blower - ECHO USA | ECHO USA). Are there any advantages to getting one of those backpack blowers other than an increased amount of gas it can hold?? I don't see much air speed difference. Would it be worth it??

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
If all your doing is blowing off the drive , walkway or deck then don't waste your money.
I only use a handheld.

Now I know he will comment with a bunch of specs with engine size and all that crab. But a bigger engine does not mean it will blow harder.

Bottom line is if the handheld is doing what you need then why spend money on a back hurting one.

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

Threads
If all your doing is blowing off the drive , walkway or deck then don't waste your money.
I only use a handheld.

Now I know he will comment with a bunch of specs with engine size and all that crab. But a bigger engine does not mean it will blow harder.

Bottom line is if the handheld is doing what you need then why spend money on a back hurting one.

That is a good point. In the spring and summer I really don't need one but now in the fall I use it for leaf clean-up...would it make it any faster?

D2hornets58

Threads
I am looking into maybe getting an Echo backpack blower this winter. But from what I see on the website, I don't think I would be gaining much by getting one of the "beginner" ones (and I don't want to spend a lot of $$$$$) . I currently have an Echo PB-255LN handheld blower (see its specs here: ECHO PB-255 Easy Starting Low Noise Handheld Leaf Blower - ECHO USA | ECHO USA). I was looking at getting the PB-265L (ECHO PB-265L Low Noise Backpack Leaf Blower - ECHO USA | ECHO USA) or if necessary the PB-500H (ECHO PB-500H Emission-Compliant Hip-Mounted Throttle Backpack Leaf Blower - ECHO USA | ECHO USA). Are there any advantages to getting one of those backpack blowers other than an increased amount of gas it can hold?? I don't see much air speed difference. Would it be worth it??
I have had both of those just a few years older. The smaller one did not have as much power as the bigger one. I had many problems with the smaller one and dont use it anymore. It depends what you are using it for. Like said above if you just want to blow off the driveway and stuff like that your handheld should do fine. Personally i think the bigger of the two backpack blowers you posted is much better when cleaning up leaves. I think it can blow a lot more leaves then the smaller one and comes in handy when there is a lot of leaves.

Threads
I have had both of those just a few years older. The smaller one did not have as much power as the bigger one. I had many problems with the smaller one and dont use it anymore. It depends what you are using it for. Like said above if you just want to blow off the driveway and stuff like that your handheld should do fine. Personally i think the bigger of the two backpack blowers you posted is much better when cleaning up leaves. I think it can blow a lot more leaves then the smaller one and comes in handy when there is a lot of leaves.

So you are saying the larger backpack blower would be better than my handheld at cleaning up leaves?

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
lawn mower fanatic said:
So you are saying the larger backpack blower would be better than my handheld at cleaning up leaves?

Yes if you have a lot of leaves to clean up then the larger backpack would be better.

Wind speed does not move a big pile of leaves as much as how much air ( wind ) is being produced.

I just mulch the leaves. If there is a lot I use a rider with gator blades. Turns them to powder

D2hornets58

Threads

I think it would be better. I only use backpack blowers for leaves and they work great. I have only used a handheld for leaves once and i like the backpack much better.

Threads
Yes if you have a lot of leaves to clean up then the larger backpack would be better.

Wind speed does not move a big pile of leaves as much as how much air ( wind ) is being produced.

I just mulch the leaves. If there is a lot I use a rider with gator blades. Turns them to powder

OK good to know. There is one lawn I do where the leaves are like 6 inches deep, and it bogs my HRR down if I try to suck up the leaves. I won't dare use my HRX there...there are too many hidden rocks!! I use my blower to get the leaves into a pile and then use a tarp to drag it out to the road. It would be a failure if I tried to mulch those leaves! And it looks cool when there is a big leaf pile in front of the house....it makes it look like you did more! :laughing:

Threads
I think it would be better. I only use backpack blowers for leaves and they work great. I have only used a handheld for leaves once and i like the backpack much better.

OK cool. Would it be worth it to only use it in the fall? I mean I would use it sometimes in the spring and summer, but I don't want my PB-255LN to go to waste.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Keep both with you and use the one you feel is easier for the task your doing