Echo Bear Cat chipper/shredder SC3206E Ignition Switch

TwoRails

Threads
  • / Echo Bear Cat chipper/shredder SC3206E Ignition Switch
Hi All. This is a two part question. The ignition switch on my Echo Bear Cat chipper/shredder SC3206E with electric start, which I bought new in 2018, is getting sticky. I Googled for a new one, at ‘E’ parts stores, even to Echo’s site, and can’t find a replacement. I figured if it was cheap enough I’d just get another.

Anyone know where to check price and availability?

In case I can’t find one, how do you ‘hot wire’ this unit? The key cylinder is in a black box with wires coming out of it and I think there can be, hopefully, just be wire or two to jump it and turn on the ignition and then pull start it.

Thanks.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Last edited:

TwoRails

Threads
Thanks for the link, mechanic mark. I tried a handful of the sites but still didn't find one for my machine.

TwoRails

Threads
PS: Had a typo in my first post, sorry. It's a SC3306E, Not a SC3206E, but still no luck in finding a switch for it...

TwoRails

Threads
Hopefully this might help someone else in the future. Long story short it turns out that the ignition switch is Not part of the chipper/shredder unit, but is part of the engine system.

That explains why nobody even lists ignition switches in my chipper/shredder parts searching. So now I’ll search for a Briggs and Stratton XR1450 “Professional” 306cc ignition switch…

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
you will need the model and type from the Honda engine in order to look up the part.

TwoRails

Threads
you will need the model and type from the Honda engine in order to look up the part.
Just curious, but why did you say ‘Honda’ engine? I’m curious because I emailed the dealer I bought the chipper/shredder from and quoted the Briggs and Stratton engine decal and gave them the Briggs and Stratton serial number and they got back to me saying it is Not a Briggs and Stratton model…!?! So I sent them photos of it.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Hopefully this might help someone else in the future. Long story short it turns out that the ignition switch is Not part of the chipper/shredder unit, but is part of the engine system.

That explains why nobody even lists ignition switches in my chipper/shredder parts searching. So now I’ll search for a Briggs and Stratton XR1450 “Professional” 306cc ignition switch…
Okay with that info of it being a XR1450 engine I came up with model type 19N137-0094-H1.

The starter switch would be PN 593734. Item 575 below.
1680384914521.png

TwoRails

Threads
A good find, StarTech. Thank you. Using the info you found, the only place I found that part number at is “Parts Tree” who I’m not familiar with. Have you dealt with them? Any good?

Also, the wiring on that switch seems to be different than mine. It’s not clear if that switch is just a Off/On for manually pull starting, or for electric start, which I have, so it’s Off/On/Crank.

I haven’t traced my wires yet to see what’s at the ends of the wires, but I do have a photo of the back of the switch (attached) showing it has four wires with one apparently being a ground attached to the side of the metal case.

Any ideas on which type of switch this is?

Echo Chipper Ignition Switch-Mar30-23=FZ1K-_1050852v1-PR21-2048.jpg

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Partstree is a good reliable company. I just don't used them like I used to but my parts purchases are through distributors now for the most part.

No info about the switch itself other it is a stop (off), Run, and Start switch.