Earliest or Fondest memory of a tractor

indypower

Threads
In the 1960's, my Dad plowed gardens in the spring on Saturdays with a Ford 8N. When he came home for lunch, he would have me sit on his lap and let me steer the tractor out of the driveway. I was 6 and could not reach the clutch or brake pedals. Steering it down the driveway was fun!!

Stevie-Ray

Threads
My uncle in the Upper Peninsula used to let me and my cousin drive his tractor to plow his garden which amounted to about 1 acre. The tractor was a dead ringer for the one in Green Acres. Lot's of fun for a kid about 10 years old.

hunting404

Threads
My fathers first tracto was a Farmall Cub with mid mount cutter bar. Not much power but enough to cut the fields. He then got two fords, an 8n and a 9n. I was old enough to drive tractors when he got them. It sure was a bear stearing the 9n with a bucket. Spent many hours dirving them around the fields. Picking rocks out of the garden and building up the rock walls and hauling firewood. Those wer the good old days.

harleyron74

Threads
My Grandfather had A 1952 Ford 8-N that I learned to drive when I was around 8 or 9 . He had A New Holland bailer with it's own Wisconsin engine on it and I spent many A hot afternoon bailing hay with that rig. He died in 1966 (With his boots on! He was on his way out to service machinery for the spring plowing when A stroke took him. No chance of him surviving as the nearest phone was 2 miles away. All my aunt could do was watch her father die.) That 8-N was sold at auction in the fall when I was 14 years old and at 58 I still miss it and him.

Good Luck!
H.R.

Roger2561

Threads
My first recollection of dad's first tractor was a Farmall Cub. Nothing huge but it had a side mount sickle bar mower and a set of plows to break up the ground for growing our produce. It was the tractor that I first learned to drive. I think I was about 12/13 years old when I first learned how to drive it. I used to rake the fields for dad with it. Roger