duraforce carb indution tube

beg

Threads
I have recently purchased a 10550 gold series and a 10323 silver series both with the duraforce 6.5 hp with warped carb bodies.I bought new unassembled carb kits and installed them.Both run like they were intended from the factory but I noticed the induction tubes were missing on both units part#95-5578 My question is is this part neccessary and does it help the motor run better like some sort of ram air setup as it looks like it scavenges air off of the flywheel.

impalass

Threads
I have recently purchased a 10550 gold series and a 10323 silver series both with the duraforce 6.5 hp with warped carb bodies.I bought new unassembled carb kits and installed them.Both run like they were intended from the factory but I noticed the induction tubes were missing on both units part#95-5578 My question is is this part neccessary and does it help the motor run better like some sort of ram air setup as it looks like it scavenges air off of the flywheel.
I am not familiar with that engine but it would seem that it is meant to keep the carb cooler.

beg

Threads
yes that makes sense.they would not have put it on there if it did not need it.I ordered two from Partstree.com

impalass

Threads
yes that makes sense.they would not have put it on there if it did not need it.I ordered two from Partstree.com
Do you get good service from Partstree?

beg

Threads
the ordering part was easy but they only had one in stock and it will take 10 to 12 days to get the other one.said they would ship them both in one shipment.wait and see what happens