Driveway Markers

Threads
After having lots of snow removal jobs 2 days ago (when there was only 3.5-4.0 inches of snow), I realized it is very hard to see where the driveway/sidewalk edges are--even in that little of snow. So I would like to buy some driveway markers (not the fancy ones, just some simple ones like these:
driveway marker.jpg
My question is, where can I find the cheapest ones? I would only need around 40-50 because some driveways are easy to tell where they end.

***For example, these seem very expensive to me. Just 24 of them for $45?!? http://www.amazon.com/Blazer-381ODM...d=1356970341&sr=8-2&keywords=driveway+markers.

A

AmericanTurf

there not cheap! but cheaper than fixing plow damage in the spring.

metz12

Threads
couldnt you make stakes by ripping like inch think rough cut lumber on a table saw, then painting them florescent orange/yellow? make sure you point the end too.

Threads
couldnt you make stakes by ripping like inch think rough cut lumber on a table saw, then painting them florescent orange/yellow? make sure you point the end too.

Yeah, I guess I could, but I don't have that type of machinery. :frown:

possum

Threads
I use the little flags left behind by the EPA well drillers. They only work if the snow is not going to be deep. The cheap round Tpost work good but are very hard on equipment. Most of the time I just dig out the bad spots and edges with a shovel and then blow. I have a crude map of the yards to know where humps, stumps, roots etc. If a large snow is coming i go over my area to look for tree branches, boots, newspapers, coats, deer heads, jacks, bricks, toys, engine parts, tents, garden hoses, batteries etc. Pretty much like mowing in other words.