Drive chain issue

You can see by the one from the top looking down that the gear is obviously cockeyed. I just posted all of them that I took. The ones of the underneath side aren't the greatest, but I don't have much room to take them either. If you need any other angles, just let me know.
 

Attachments

  • DSC03661.jpg
    DSC03661.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC03662.jpg
    DSC03662.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC03663.jpg
    DSC03663.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC03664.jpg
    DSC03664.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 15
  • DSC03665.jpg
    DSC03665.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC03667.jpg
    DSC03667.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC03668.jpg
    DSC03668.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 9
I would loosen those bolts and see if that aligns that sprockett.soak them with BP Blaster first so you don't break them.If that don't do it I would take those sprockett off to see if they are bent.Start with the easy first which would be moving those bolts.let me know....russ
 
Ok. I will try to get this done Sunday afternoon. I did check the sprocket and it is not bent from what I can tell....just misaligned.
 
I got it to work. :cloud9:

I was not able to get under the mower enough to feel comfortable with moving the axle, so, what I ended up doing was to put in a spacer behind the place where the "idle" sprocket is to bring it out on the front. Surprisingly, it lined up perfectly and I mowed the whole yard without a single problem!!! :thumbsup:

I am planning on getting it into the barn next week to get it up off the ground and do it correctly. Right now, I think what I did was a temporary fix. I will have a lot more time next week anyway since tax season will be over.....finally!!! It's been a long time coming too.

Thanks for everything!!!!!!!! :drink:
 
inasho,really glad you solved your problem.nothing like doing it yourself and cheaper!tell me was it those bolts? russ
 
I am going to try to get under it when I take it up to my barn. I have a concrete floor and everything I need to get it off the ground enough to get under it and move the bolts. When I worked on it Sunday, I was out in the grass and soggy ground. When I got to looking over it, it did seem that the spacing (from the frame to the sprocket) on the axle was even. I will let you know what I find. I am guessing it will be about Wednesday or Thursday before I get to it though. Either way, I'll keep you posted. If you don't hear from me by Saturday, maybe nudge me a little. :wink:
 
Hello, I have moved your post to the Small Engine & Mower Repair Forum. You will have better luck finding assistance there. :wink:

Thanks for joining LawnMowerForum!!!
 
Back
Top