Drive Belt Replacement on a TORO TIMECUTTER SS5000

Every time put this belt on I cuss.
Saying I would like to meet the guy that designed this.
The OEM belt is cogged and last me around 200 hours. And always breaks when I am on a hill.
This last time I went with a Kevlar V belt. Seams to hold up longer.
One problem I had was the bracket in the rear that the drives bolt to. Bent and made the belt rub.

"THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELPFUL TIPS."
 
My drive belt came off track, used manual and replaced the drive belt. However, when I try to operate, the belt keeps coming off. What am I missing? Anyone know what else to check?

thanks,

John
 
A few things will do this.
1) incorrectly routed belt
2) insifficient tension on the belt
3) tension arm bush/bearing not free enough
4) debris wedged into the V of one of the pulleys
5) loose bent or broken mountings on the PTO pulley or either drives
6) bad bearing in the tension idler pulley
7) damage to the flange of one of the pulleys
 
Back
Top